Question

Transition Asset States by using Service Requests

• 12 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

We want to remove front line IT Support from having Asset Management access.  We also want transactions for building assets. 

The backend action would be for a Tech to open a Service Catalog item, associate an Asset and close the ticket upon completion of the task.

The real world scenario is pulling a laptop off the shelf, build it for a user, deploy to user.

The ideal result is for the asset to change from “In Stock” to “In Use” through some form of automation.

Via FreshService Enterprise, how would you accomplish this through Automator, Orchestration, etc

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Vurk , we have a native capability in FS to handle this. You can refer https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000000112-fulfilling-service-requests

Badge +1

Thanks Glavin.

The request fulfillment still allows the Tech Support person to select the asset state from a drop down, which can lead to human error and incorrect asset state assignment.  Is there a was to assign a static state based on the specific Service Catalog item?

Badge +1

Hi.  I was able to accomplish this through Automated Workflows, though I had to open a separate “Idea” entry because either the APi documentation should be updated or there is a bug in the Assets/Custom Fields as the entry is unusable via API.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you tested remove the access to Asset for for the front line IT Support ? 
Tested it quick, not sure it’s what you are looking for but I removed edit access for assets for a custom role and then the agent couldn’t do fullfilment but still add assets to incidenters.