Solved

Using analytics module to send reports to management

• 11 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I work for a College that has a fleet of Macbooks we give to our high school students. As an all boys school, we have a significant number of repairs every quarter, and we are trying to run reports that look at both repairs being done and loan laptops we have given to the boys.

One of my reports is on loan laptops. Management likes to see a list of students in a tabular format, with some pie graphs at the top showing breakdown of individual year groups.

The analytics module is excellent and works very well, but they want this report in PDF format. Unfortunately, this doesn’t appear to be possible currently as the analytics module only shows a single page when you email the report as a PDF.

Is there any way that we can show all the data (with the graphs) in a tabular format? We were able to do this in the old reports module, but we seem to have lost this functionality with the new analytics module.

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 11 July 2022, 14:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Chris Sherlock I was part of a deep dive into Analytics with the Freshworks team and we brought this issue up to them. More detailed capabilities with emailing reports out of Analytics is something they are working on and hopefully will be available soon! Take care.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Zach, does Fresh have any plans on fixing analytics? I just got a note that Fresh are removing reports in December. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I think it worthwhile saying: this is the only ITSM tool that cannot allow for producing relevant reports to management. It’s possibly the most extraordinary oversight of any tool I’ve ever seen. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Chris Sherlock as you’ve observed there is no way to send both the charts and the complete table in a single PDF.  So I had thought I was onto something (lol) by exporting the table data as a PDF of its own but  it turns out there’s a hard cap of 100 rows regardless of how many rows are in the extract.

The CSV of tabular data does not have the row cap limit but it’s not a PDF although I suppose you could export from Excel to PDF.  Pretty manual process, tho!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The CSV of tabular data does not have the row cap limit but it’s not a PDF although I suppose you could export from Excel to PDF.  Pretty manual process, tho!

I know! There is an export data feature in analytics, but it doesn’t replace the old reporting module where it allowed for multi-page reports. 

It appears that whoever decided that the analytics module was a replacement for reporting didn’t realise that reports go over multiple pages, whereas a dashboard literally is something you show on one screen… completely different things. 

I think it worthwhile noting that Fresh has known about this issue for at least 6 months. 

What do other people who need to send reports about Service Desk metrics to their management teams do in this situation? Surely we don’t need to export the data to a CSV...

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Agreed - it is a big loss to the FS functionality and lists are a normal part of reporting for pretty much all businesses.

If this isn’t an IDEA already perhaps you could make it one and I’d be delighted to upvote it.