Question

Using analytics to create grades or scores for agents

• 27 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

For annual reviews, we are putting out a program where all employees have 3 SMART goals.  I am having a lot of trouble creating goals that are measurable.  I would love to say:  “Have less than 3 SLA violations over the next three months” or “Resolve at least 20 tickets per week” but everything is skewed.  We are in a very busy time right now and requesters submit tickets via email… those come in as a default “Low”.  It would require the rep to escalate priority, but why would they do that when it impacts their SLA score?  That is just one example.  Other examples include one team handling by far more tickets than another.  And then for standard techs, level 3 handle far less than level 1.  I know this all isn’t a new problem but I am having a hard time setting up measurable metrics for a heavily skewed data set.

That said, how can I setup a single score for a bunch of metrics within FreshService?  SLA response, SLA resolution, first resolution (skewed), escalation (also skewed)..etc.  I would love to automate a single dashboard for every agent that can be reviewed quarterly.  It doesn’t seem possible for it to be fair and/or accurate.  

Another question, how can I lock things down to ensure escalation, SLA and first resolution, etc. are not so skewed?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

What I’ve done for this is to export data in CSV and analyze it on a spreadsheet solution (Like MS Excel), computing data on this end, as there is (currently) kind of limited possibilities on Analytics itself.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks @eeha0120 What headers/columns do you use?  Do you then create formulas to come up with a score?