Solved

Using fields from the onboarding module in workflow 'Send Email To'

• 25 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am trying to automate the onboarding process via Workflow Automator for tickets.

My OnBoarding process creates a ticket with several custom fields. One of these fields is ‘Employee Private Email’ (text field).

The idea is to send an email to the new employee (value taken from the ‘Employee Private Email’ custom field) asking some questions. The reply will be added to the ticket as a comment.

I am not able to add custom fields from the OnBoarding module, at least not in the ‘Send Email To’.. 

I can use custom fields on the onboarding module in the Subject, but not in the ‘To’ address.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks,

Eyal

icon

Best answer by Glavin Crasta 1 September 2021, 09:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @em_cam , if you are looking to request more information from the employee during onboarding you can add employee as a stakeholder in the onboarding setup. When you add employee as a stakeholder, a field would be auto created in the onboarding initiation form called ‘employee’ and you can rename this to personal email and change data source as below.

This will trigger an email to the employee’s personal email ID and you can define the details to be filled in by the employee as well.

Hope this helps.

That worked! Thanks for the help.