Question

Ways to Involve More Stakeholders in the Employee Onboarding Process in Freshservice

• 30 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I am trying to setup my company’s onboarding process within Freshservice. One issue I have found is the lack of involvement of other Stakeholders in the Freshservice module. My company has four stakeholders not including the employee (who isn’t involved in our process). I would like for the reporting manager to select items, then depending on what is selected an automated email be sent out to the stakeholders notifying them of this. I would like to know if anyone has found a creative workaround for this and has successfully involved more stakeholders in the process. 

Freshservice team, we need more stakeholders!

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

A possible way around would be to store the stakeholder details in custom objects for each item. So for example if you have 2 items say Item 1 and Item 2 needing approval by Approver 1 and Approver 2, you can create a custom object that stores the item name and approver. Post this you would need to create a workflow on tickets module and use the reader node on more options to fetch user to whom you need to send approval to based on item chosen. This would trigger an approval to the individual SR items that are generated from the onboarding request.

A possible way around would be to store the stakeholder details in custom objects for each item. So for example if you have 2 items say Item 1 and Item 2 needing approval by Approver 1 and Approver 2, you can create a custom object that stores the item name and approver. Post this you would need to create a workflow on tickets module and use the reader node on more options to fetch user to whom you need to send approval to based on item chosen. This would trigger an approval to the individual SR items that are generated from the onboarding request.

Sounds like a good idea. I decided to use Workflow Automator and it has some promising features. How do you create a custom object? Would it be in the Service Catalog? I am not too sure how that would work but it is interesting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Go to your admin settings and under productivity tools check for ‘Custom objects’. In case it is present you can create a custom object or use an existing service approval object to add mapping details.