Question

When a cc'd user is added can they view those tickets in their own ticket area

• 23 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi

This is for Freshservice

I noticed that when users are cc’d into tickets they can only reply to a ticket by email where as it would be good that when a cc’d user is added they then have access to that ticket under there own ticket area in the requester portal. Also when replying by email or if they click the link they are supplied they get a kind of cut down version of the ticket but with none of the fields that were originally filled in much like below which was just a test sample. 

Is there a way to add the information into a cc’d email now to the body of a request or incident or can this be done. The managers and users who are added in to the email don’t actually have any context what they are being cc’d into unless i guess somebody adds it full manually to the email that comes from a response. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @MartinDG, I agree with you, the email notification sent to the CC’d email requester could use more than bare minimum information. However this isn’t an email notification that we can change as users. So I would suggest adding it here. So that we can all upvote it and get it in front of the product teams!! Also currently there is no way to assign a ticket to multiple requesters. But if Managers are the ones who are being CC’d then perhaps you could make sure that the manager has access to “View All Tickets” for the department that is annotated in the ticket. This would allow the manager to see the ticket in their own support portal ticket views.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @MartinDG, I agree with you, the email notification sent to the CC’d email requester could use more than bare minimum information. However this isn’t an email notification that we can change as users. So I would suggest adding it here. So that we can all upvote it and get it in front of the product teams!! Also currently there is no way to assign a ticket to multiple requesters. But if Managers are the ones who are being CC’d then perhaps you could make sure that the manager has access to “View All Tickets” for the department that is annotated in the ticket. This would allow the manager to see the ticket in their own support portal ticket views.

Hope this helps.

Hi @zachary.king annoyingly it’s not always just the managers but multiple different members from different teams, so when users are cc’d in they really need to see the detail of what the actual ticket is about. Also on top of that when an email is sent only the summary line is provided which is just the generic part such as IT General Advice. 

The strange thing as well though is that if you can allow managers to see others tickets then surely if you cc somebody in to a ticket the same kind of thing should be possible with others. I’ll get something logged as it really is a simple feature that should be available. We actually had this feature in JIRA but the service desk software in JIRA is not great

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MartinDG I have to agree with you in the fact that getting ticket data into the hands of others seems like a logical step once you rope that other individual into the process via a CC’d email. I saw you raised this in the ideas portal. I will be sure to add my vote as well!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@MartinDG I have to agree with you in the fact that getting ticket data into the hands of others seems like a logical step once you rope that other individual into the process via a CC’d email. I saw you raised this in the ideas portal. I will be sure to add my vote as well!

Yep thank you for the link. Actually we have worked out a little workaround as to how to provide the cc’d users with the detail originally from the ticket. This has been done by creating an automation that adds a note when a ticket is created and doing the below.

Ticket Details:

{{ticket.service_item_fields}}

This pulls the field info and yep it does create a a note in the ticket with the same detail but it does at least have info for the cc’d person. Additionally when a customer logs a ticket they are also emailed with what they logged. It’s not perfect but it will do for now

Hi, 

This will come in very handy if it has been implemented. 

Any idea will this be implemented?

Thank you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@MartinDG - This is an older thread but I’m assuming this was resolved by the new Ticket sharing feature released late last year.  If you haven’t had a chance to turn that on, definitely check it out.

@WesleyKim - See this article for how to enable ticket sharing on the portal - Share Ticket with Requesters

Badge

Ticket visibility still needs improving in FreshService, sharing a ticket is great, but an agent should be able to share the tickets for the requestor. There are many instances where there are multiple stakeholders and maybe the requestor is now on vacation, there should be an easier way to allow ticket visibility. Also, for enabling ticket visibility by department, you should be able to automate that or default it on for everyone.