Solved

Workflow automation with condition "loop"

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, I’m trying to create a workflow automation that reads from a custom field drop down that will create tasks based on all of the items selected from the drop down.  In the example below, if Office 365 account is selected from the forms drop down a task will be added to the ticket to create the account.  I then want to be able to check if other options were selected from the forms drop down.  Which will then create separate tasks to create specific accounts.

Is there a way to “loop” down to the next Condition after the first Condition has a positive result?  Is there another/better way to do this?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 6 July 2022, 18:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @kenrisdon I have been wanting the ability to loop through conditionals in WFA as well but sadly there isn’t an innate easy way to do it. You could start implementing the use of Custom Objects, Expression Nodes, and Web Requests to update the ticket with additional tasks based on what is selected. 

Or you could create a number of Automators that fire off in order to add the tasks individually.

Just a couple of thoughts. Take care!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@zachary.king Thanks for the info and ideas.  I’m happy to hear that I’m not missing something obvious.  I’m going to try either the multiple automators or doing something with Custom Objects.

Thanks again for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

A GoTo node or part of the condition node would be great. 

I have used as @zachary.king used expression node and CO. 
You don’t have a bundle with several different items for each access? ( each item need to create it’s own SR) 
Then you can create a dynamic approval flow. 

What I’m doing is to have approval WFA that don’t stop to wait for the approval. 
You can have one that sends out the approval and second that triggers when it’s approved and then do things based on the service item added to the SR. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

A GoTo node or part of the condition node would be great. 

I have used as @zachary.king used expression node and CO. 
You don’t have a bundle with several different items for each access? ( each item need to create it’s own SR) 
Then you can create a dynamic approval flow. 

What I’m doing is to have approval WFA that don’t stop to wait for the approval. 
You can have one that sends out the approval and second that triggers when it’s approved and then do things based on the service item added to the SR. 

Another great idea! I like the thought of creating individual service items for each of the “Tasks” and then bundling them. Then building workflow would be simpler as it would be based on the service item instead of the dropdown item selected.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@daniel.soderlund I was looking at creating bundles but I don’t like they way they created separate SR’s. I prefer keeping everything in Tasks under one SR.  If all of the Tasks have to be completed before the SR is closed/resolved then I know there aren’t any outstanding items that need to be done for the new hire.  It’s just a personal preference.

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@daniel.soderlund I was looking at creating bundles but I don’t like they way they created separate SR’s. I prefer keeping everything in Tasks under one SR.  If all of the Tasks have to be completed before the SR is closed/resolved then I know there aren’t any outstanding items that need to be done for the new hire.  It’s just a personal preference.

You can set bundles to only create a single SR that contains all the service items. This is how we currently use it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I understand, as @zachary.king say you can just skip the checkbox for “Create Child Service Requests for each of the items above”

Did some quick tests and I couldn’t get the WFA event to trigger on Item added during creation of the ticket. If I added it manually it worked. Don’t know if that are a bug or not. 

The advantage with several SR is that they can be processad by different agents and you can have different approvers.  You can have a dynamic WFA that processes each item separately. 

In your case I guess you need to created a nest IF expression and match each combination 

Something like this 
if (regmatch({{office}},”selected”) || rexmatch({{Adobe}}, “Selected”),true,false)