Question

Workflow automator: create multiple tasks based on request input

• 17 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone, I am relatively new to building workflow automation and I am wondering what is the best way to create an automation for the following scenario.

When submitting a request via a specific catalog item, requester is required to answer “yes” or “no” to 3 different questions. For each question answered, I want a task to be created when the answer is “yes”.  Following is a screen shot of how I set it up on ticket automator:

I would like to know if there is an easier way to accomplish the same results?

Thank you,

1 reply

Badge +1

pfmoraes,

I’m looking at something similar, but my use case involves technology provisioning as part of onboarding. We have ~800 different job codes and at least three different potential provisioning cases (e.g. computer, tablet, VOIP services) for each code. We hope to solve this by having a single request form and using Custom Objects.

My current best-case for automating this involves a single request form from the user’s side and a separate automation for each provisioning case. The qualification logic will be the same in each instance: (When a service request is raised) → (Request type is employee onboarding) → 

But then each use case can be programmed separately from there.

For you, I think you’d find it more useful to have the same kick-off logic, but then have separate automations for “Add task for Design”, “Add task for Copywriting”, and “Add task for Facebook Event”. I understand from discussions here that multiple automation workflows can run with the same trigger conditions; that seems to be the cleanest way to make my use case work, and also seems useful for yours.

I hope this is helpful; let us know whether that works for you! :relaxed: