Question

Workflow Automator Double Quotes

• 7 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

At my org we created a Workflow a couple months ago that sends data through the web request node to a custom api that our eng team manages. We’ve received reports that the workflow stopped working and when we started troubleshooting we noticed that the issue is around the “” in freshservice. We took a new approach and made the requested permissions and permissions grouped as one array with an expression builder. We’re wondering if there’s a way to update the single quotes to double quotes with a liquid filter. When we tested using {{expression_with_result | “’’”,““”” }} it doesn’t update the quotes. P.s (We used to have “” around the values in a custom object but that stopped working I’m not sure if this is related to an update recently)

Expression adding values to a single array, when added with double quotes it converts them to single quotes. When multiple double quotes or single quotes are added it still fails to read the permissions correctly.

Example of a call going through when entered manually: 

Manually testing the API Call

When the request is sent through a ticket we get an empty body as seen below: 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I would recommend to add the whole JSON payload you use the in the WR into a note for troubleshooting if you haven't done that already.