Question

Workflow Automator - New User - Random Word Passphrase

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi

I have a service request with Workflow Automator (AD on-prem integrated) to create the user. This works well and i have tested the Password Generator - Orch app to generate a password and this works fine. The problem i have is that we use a secure passphrase with 3 or 4 random words so users can cope with typing in for initial login before being forced to reset. It would be ideal if there were a way to Automate creation of a random passphrase.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You could look at a combo of the new expression builder randomNumberOfLength() and a custom object.
The custom object has one field word and the number you get from the expression determine the record  id of the custom object. repeat that 3 times or how many words you want. Could happen you get the same word x times if you use the same custom object. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks Daniel

That's interesting. I have set this up as follows:

Custom Object

• single object field which is a text field
  • Object records are 9 Passwords (Record ID 1-9)

Work Flow

Expression1 =  randomNumberOfLength(1) → 

Reader1 =

• Read From Custom Object
  • Filter by Record ID is Expression result

To test, I have then put in an Action - Add Note step in and added:

Password = {{R6.password}}

But the password is blank. Interestingly, If i then go back into the Reader in the workflow. The filter Record ID is doesn't have any value (it should be Expression result). What's more, if i then go to re-add the expression result, its not available in the drop down list. Its like the expression is not available to the Reader step.

If i delete the steps and re-add them, they appear in the drop down again. 

Am, I going about this the wrong way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you add a note before the read and use {{E1.result}} should get a number ? 

I haven’t tried this my self but it should work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I get the same as you, saying there are no expression builder. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Do you think thats a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Do you think thats a bug?

ya, if edit a note that and checked placeholders I could see the expression. 

If I then checked the reader block again there are a placeholder for the expression blocker  but still failed. 

Really great information

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I thought I found a solution using this. I manage it to run but It didn’t randomize 

Generate random numbers using liquid in shopify – Studio Zerance