Solved

Workflow automator pause when asking for approval

• 31 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello FS fam,

We have a few automations that create/update user licenses with 3rd party apps. Currently the process works with out approval. We are wanting to make the automation pause when the approval mail is sent out however the conditions to validate the approval response happen immediately. Here is a sample of this automation:

SR Created > Validate Request Type, verify SR is for the app this orch is going to preform > Send approval mail > Validate approval was given > Preform orch actions

Right now the workflow does not wait, we have the condition set to “When a service approval is Approved” however it will immediately go to the “No” path since the approval was not given. How can we wait for approval to continue?

icon

Best answer by afautley 1 November 2022, 09:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thats Odd, it should wait for the approval before continuing. can you send a screenshot of the approval workflow?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thats Odd, it should wait for the approval before continuing. can you send a screenshot of the approval workflow?

I thought so too, here is a screen shot:

Here is the node that sends the approval. (I removed the email to send to for privacy) 

Then the following condition to check if it was approved to continue the automation

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I see what is happening… 

i think because you have multiple actions taking place on the one action box then it is just moving to the net stage.

You should never need a condition for an approval.

Try removing the “send approval mail to” action out into its own action box, you should then get the two different flows of approval. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Ahha! I thought something was off when there was not the approve or reject flows.. Thanks!