Switch Agent feature question

• 22 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I seem to only be able to see one agent in the Support Portal when I click on "Switch Agent'. I cannot find any other agent using the Switch Agent search tool. How can I assume identities of other agents so I can see what they can and can't do? Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Donna,

If an agent has the same role as you, or is an Account Admin/Admin, then you can’t switch to their profiles. Due to security concerns, we basically don't allow users to assume identities of agents with configurational roles (like Admin & Account Admin) who can manipulate the Admin settings.

You will only be able to impersonate the identity of agents with roles lower than yours. I hope that clarifies your query.

Regards,

Sanofar

Hi Sanofa,

I am the only account admin for our Freshservice instance and I too can only see one agent profile that I can switch to, this profile is also the one with the least access.

This feature is important to admins to check the visibility of service items for agents.

Thanks

Lea

Badge

I have agents able to edit\create company wide canned responses, but this is considered an admin task so I am unable to assume their identity.   This is silly.   I have high level staff that are allowed to maintain responses for our team, but they most certainly are not admins.