Just in - Sort conversations in tickets :)

Related products: Freshdesk

Hello everyone,

Scrolling through a ticket to see the latest responses is hard, particularly when there are a lot of conversations happening back and forth. With sort conversations, you no longer need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a ticket to see the latest response.

As an admin, you can now choose the order in which the conversations appear on a ticket. You can set the preference at the account level from the Admin > Helpdesk page. 

We also showed this to a lot of our customer champions as a part of our User Research calls to get some feedback on the ticket details page revamp. While a lot of them liked the idea of an account level setting, they also preferred the option to allow agents to set their own. We've made it easier for the agents to set their own preference from the profile settings page.

This is available for all the accounts starting from the new Blossom plan and onwards. If you're unsure about where to start, please have a look at this article and don't forget to tell us what you think about this feature :)

Cheers!

Am I the only person that can't find this under Admin>helpdesk? ( I am the admin on this account) I've cleared cache, logged out etc.

I am unable to see this, do we need it adding to our accounts?

This is awesome! 

I assume it's still being rolled out to users as I don't see this option either. 

same here :(

@all, The feature is rolled out only for the new signups. For existing accounts in the 2019 plans, it'll be rolled out gradually over the course of the week.

Cheers!

Aravind, will this be available for Estate Classic, too?

Please activate this feature for our account. Thanks!

@Marvin@Wouter Unfortunately, the feature is available only on the new plans (starting from Blossom). You can choose to switch to the new plans from the Admin > Plans and Billing section.

Cheers!

I tested this widget on an example web page: https://freshdesk-widget.jouwweb.nl/ 

However, if you click the support-icon, the 'contact us' option is not in view, because there are too many solutions being shown.

Furthermore it would be nice if we could open the widget using our own button.

Just to confirm, as an existing customer, we will not benefit from this development?

Wait.. what?

Is this only available for new signups and new accounts?

What about the existing users who where asking for this for years?

I am a loyal customer for over 4 years now. I wanted this option since the beginning.

And now it is there only for new customers?

I think I've misread it?

Hi Aravind S, we are on Blossom plan and installed the Mint version in 2018. Will you roll out this feature for us as well?

Regards

Niklas

@Aravind So I'm confused by your posts. I'm on Estate Classic, and I won't be getting this feature?

@Aravind, I agree with Dennis van Orsouw, I've been a loyal customer for over 4yrs, have recommended your product to others and find out that my monthly chargers that fund your ongoing development, don't apply to me unless I update my current plan (Garden 2016), which in-turn has had features removed from it (Multiple Products), and are now only available on the Estate plan and up.

So in short, after 4yrs of loyalty I don't receive the latest product developments unless I update my plan to a more expensive one, to retain my existing features!?!? If this is the case, I think I have been complacent, and need to investigate what the helpdesk support solution landscape is like out there in 2019.

Brad if it makes you feel any better, I am on the Estate plan and still don’t have the option to use this.

@Aravind- I think it’s safe to say that this was not the right decision by Freshdesk and should be a standard option available to any plan. Please adjust accordingly.

@Aravind, I echo the concerned stated by other existing customers.

@Aravind,

We are on the estate plan since 2018 -> will this feature become available to us any time soon?

What an essential feature, and what a senseless decision to make it only available to certain customers. This is a sorting option, shouldn't this just be a base feature in the software?

@Aravind - I have been an Estate customer for almost 5 years now and your telling me I need to have the "new" Estate plan which has a $16 price hike (compared to Estate 2016) per agent just to get access to, a as many other here has stated: a simple sorting option???? This is just ridiculous.

We have bought a SaaS solution meaning that new functionality, unless it is significant and warrants a clear step-up in plans, should be available to me, especially since I am on one of your more expensive plans.

I would love to talk to one of your sales reps to clarify if you are not the right person to talk to regarding this.

I am expecting that you take this feedback into serious account and amend your decisions accordingly.

Hi, on Estate classic plan. Will it be available to us?

I'm appalled that such a feature is not available with the Garden Classic plan. We are paying customers over since over 2 years.

I am new to managing a FreshDesk instance, as a new user to the platform I am shocked at how they nickel and dime their "features" this is just another "feature" that should be available to all packages. After seeing the lack of loyalty to the existing customer base as soon as the budget is available I will fight for a real ticketing system that doesn't nickel and dime features out, and where newly released features are just standard, that is why you go with a SaaS option.

I also echo the sentiment here. We have also been loyal estate customers for 4 years. The fact that Freshdesk doesn't value their existing customers and also the fac they don't tell you these things, but leave it to you to find out you're being left out of new features is upsetting. Freshdesk is constantly changing and removing features without notification. Most of the forum posts about issues with the product have been left open for years and Freshdesk doesn't even reply to most of them. Their support is terrible and extremely slow, which is ironic for a helpdesk company. This company and service has really gone downhill and I'm really starting to consider moving somewhere else. I don't know what happened but I'm getting pretty sick of this continuation of poor service. 

All,

I just spoke with an account manager who advised that this feature is available to existing accounts. I am on a classic plan and have had the feature enabled on our site - I would recommend logging a support ticket to get an answer on this as it looks like they've gone silent on this particular topic on the forums.

@Aravind Please reconsider this decision, it was not a good one from Freshdesk. It is a feature which many "old clients" have reqested and been waiting for.

Thanks!