Launching the new help widget - early access

Related products: Freshdesk

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Hi, please sign us up for testing the beta!

I'd like to try this beta out.

Thanks!

Yes please.

Hi Max, Alex, 

We're launching on Thursday and we'll have it enabled on your account right away when we launch :)

Can't wait to hear your feedback once you play with the new widget. 

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your interest! We'll have it enabled on Thursday when we launch.

Please sign us up for testing this as well. Thanky you!

Can't wait to test this ;)

Sign us up too please.

Hi Nicolas and Sara, sure :)

We ran into some issues last minute during our last deployment, we hope to ship the beta either today or Monday! 

I'll update here once we enable the feature on your accounts.

Hi everyone,

Just enabled the widget on all your accounts! Please do try it out from Admin > Widgets and tell us what you think :)

Brilliant! This is great.

I notice you have 'Frustration Prediction' mentioned above - how does that work? Or is that not yet enabled?

Hi Sara, 

This works if you have Session Replay enabled. You can go to Admin > Session Replay, enable the feature. Once you do that, you'll have the 'frustration tracking/prediction' option show up when you create a new widget.

We're working on making this seamless 🙂 Tell us where you embed the widget! 

Bitte schaltet mich für die Beta frei.

Danke - https://service.printalio.de

Hallo Lutz,

Aktiviere einfach die Beta für dein Konto!

Bitte spielen Sie mit dem Widget und sagen Sie uns Ihre Meinung :)

Shankar, where is the documentation for the new widget/API?

Hi, please sign us up for testing the beta. Thank you!

Hi Darren, we're working on it. Should take a couple of weeks. We'll update our developer portal with the documentation for the APIs.

Hi Frank, enabled the feature in your account 🙂 give it a spin and tell us what you think! 

Hey ;) 

How can I test the settings in the new app without having to enter the code on our website?

Is there a preview - possibility?

Hi, we have it on the blog of one of our sites to test: https://content.talkshoe.com/blog/

With the 'Neutral' approach when both the contact form and solution articles are visible, the contact form is still at the bottom and the user has to scroll down further to see it. Can the contact form be visible at the top of the widget with this option selected? Or perhaps show less solution articles so the contact option is immediately visible?

We are testing the widget on the blog of one of our websites: https://content.talkshoe.com/blog/

I have selected the 'Neutral' approach, but the user is required to manually scroll to the bottom of the widget in order to see the contact option. Can we have it display without them scrolling down? Or can we have it show at the top, above the solutions links possibly? With this option, I would like it to be easier for someone to see the contact form.

Sign us up for the beta

Hi Frank,

At the moment, you can test the widget by creating a local HTML file and quickly embedding it. I know it's not the best experience - but we wanted to ship the beta and get feedback faster! We're working on preview, so you'll be able to quickly see how the widget looks like when you're configuring it in the Admin section.

Jason,

Enabled the widget in your account :)

@Sara Great to see the widget live! And good point about the contact option - we'll work on it and make sure it shows as a sticky perhaps, if you choose the 'neutral' mode.

Sign me up, please :)

@Meridia Support, We've enabled the widget on your account. Give it a spin and let us know what you think :)

Cheers!

I'd like to give it a try! Please enable the beta for me please.