Your ticketing experience just got 'refreshed'!

Related products: Freshdesk

Hello,

Ever since we launched Freshdesk Mint, we have been hearing a lot of feedback about the ticket page and how we can make it better. Today, we have shipped a few changes and we hope you'll love the new experience on the ticket page.

• Customer and agent responses are more distinguishable with the color coded conversation cards

• Tags are moved to the ticket properties section making it easier for your agents to look up and update

• First response due and Resolution due have been moved to the top of the ticket properties section, making the page less cluttered and the ticket fields look more legible now.

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback about the new layout. You can write your suggestions/feedback here or send an email to support(at)freshdesk(dot)com.

Cheers!

These are some good enhancements.

Would it be possible to consider the following:

1. Keeping the ticket subject line on screen when scrolling down? I wonder whether this could be added next to the ticket ID?

2. Add a forum icon to a 'reply', 'note' and 'forward' (similar to suggested solutions) so we can link to a forum topic?

Great improvements, thank you! Keep up the good work 🙂

All great changes, but has moving the tags affected the ticket section of the API? 

Our API pull fails on the tags, but it's been working fine for months... until this morning

Hi, the changes are great, but one thing is not so good. We wan't to change the Resolution due, where are the first response due is active. 

This is only possible if we change the status to "open". We want to change it in other status, too.

Here a screenshot.

The changes are good overall.  The problem is that you assumed that Tags should be at the top.  This is a prime location that is wasted for us.  We have little use for this field and do not want to see it here.  Why is it not a field that I can manipulate in Admin ► Ticket Fields?

I would say this is the best upgrade to the UI including the initial Mint introduction. Very easy to read. The thing I liked about the old UI is that it was easy to distinguish fields from each other. The trend with very smooth, low contrast, non-saturated color schemes is that everything blends together. This UI uses the easy-on-the-eyes color scheme in a way that still makes it easy to see things clearly.

Tags no the properties panel - THANK YOU! Now we just need the Summary to be a slide out so I don't have to scroll to the top to know there is a summary and read it.

Well done!

To Gregg's point, make the order of the field customizable. Wasn't that a feature in the old UI or am I thinking of a previous system I was using?

How about widening the Assign To field so that you can see both the Group and Agent details

Using color to visually distinguish between customer and agent replies is cool, but the ticket page would become insanely more useful if you'd collapse the previous conversation within customer replies. As requested by someone else before: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/20090. Especially for longer conversations this would be really helpful. 

These changes are great! My only comment is that since this upgrade, we are unable to change the time of the reminder set on a to-do list item. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Definitely need to be able to change due dates in a status other than Open.  It takes an extra 3 clicks to change the due date (change status to Open, click Update, then click Edit to change the date).  Our agents are resistant to changing the dates already because it takes so much time and this will just have them resist more and just have things go overdue instead.  Plus need to be able to see the due date regardless of status - right now, can only see it in the Open status.  Need to make changing the date easy!

@Daan de Wit - great idea. I just replied to that forum post with that idea.

@Adam Thanks for the feedback 🙂 Making the subject line sticky is something that we'll definitely explore for the future releases 🙂 The other idea of adding a forum topic suggester is so cool - I can imagine myself using it often 😃

@Michael Thanks a ton!

@Gio That shouldn't happen, ideally! Are you using the 'View a ticket' API to fetch the ticket information? I just tried it and it works without any issues. I'll work with the team to find out the root cause - Can you give us an X-Request ID of the failing API call that we can search in the logs?

@Aravind - Not to worry, I've raised a ticket through your helpdesk so it's being dealt with through there. Thanks for coming back to me though.

@Oliver Thank you. Unfortunately, the SLA due time update would fail if we allow the agents to edit the due time on other SLA off statuses. This requires a bigger change in the way we handle the SLA timers on different statuses. We'll definitely consider this as a part of the future enhancements.

@Gregg Thank you 🙂 Glad you liked the changes! We'll make sure the 'tags' field also follows the same order as in Admin -> Ticket fields section. That should work, what do you think?

@Craig You've been there with us for a very long time and it feels great hearing this from you. Thanks for the continued support, Craig :)
We'll see how best we can give you the option to move around the 'tags' field in the ticket properties section. We've a few exciting ideas around the Summary app - will keep you posted when we pick them up for development.

@David that's in our plans 🙂 We're wondering if making them two distinct fields would help, any thoughts?

@Daan, We're working on an option that would flip the order in which the conversations appear - so that you can see the latest at the top. While this is a great idea, do you think this change (when it goes live) would largely solves the problem?

@Aimie, Sorry! We're working on fixing it - should be fixed by the next release. Please follow this thread for more updates :)

@Aravind: before the last update we can edit the resolution due time and after the update not.. why it is now a bigger change? It works the last 3 years!

@Aravind - fixing the data sync features was a huge win for us, too. Thanks to your team for making that happen.

I was thinking of not just being able to move/order the Tags field, but rather, all the fields. It seems the Ticket Fields editor only allows moving some of the fields. A medium priority in my world though.

Great to see the progress and the increased interaction on the Community.

I agree with everyone that mentioned the "response due" section not being editable on other statuses.  I've always been able to change that date up til now.  And some of my tickets don't have an SLA (as in, we use the software to capture ideas people have for software upgrades and we use freshdesk to hold the conversation back and forth to clarify expectations).  

@Aravind: flipping the order of the replies would help a bit, but collapsing within replies would still be better. That would make it easier to read back a conversation, especcialy when the conversation is not linear (eg multiple people are involved, replying to different messages).

We have noticed that when copying/pasting content from ticket responses, the background color is copied as well. My reps say this was not present prior to this update.

Hi Aravind

Some great changes making managing tickets and SLA's alot easier. Looking forward to what is next

In the screenshot above you have the Agent and Group in separate fields but this isn't appearing for me :( 

Did this change not make it into this release?

Would also be good to be able to control where in the ticket properties column each field appears

@Arvind 100% help as we cannot see the Agent because our Group Names fill the current box

In mint I cannot read the entire text that our customers send to us.

It fails to wrap long lines, and the scroll bar is not visible unless I move the entire ticket to the bottom. If I move to the bottom to get to the scroll bar, I cannot read the lines near the top of the ticket.

In the ticket view, if I reduce the browser zoom size, why can I see not see more columns at the same time?  Why not use all the screen space?

I would be happy with a simple html table. Then I could display more columns easily.