release notes

Freshservice Release Notes - July 2022

Related products: Freshservice
Freshservice Release Notes - July 2022

Note: All the features/enhancements below will be available on Starter and Growth plans on Jul 14th. For Pro and Enterprise plans will be available on Jul 28th.

Product version: 2022.R07L.01

New Features and Enhancements

[Beta] Timer Node in Workflows

Category: Automation

Admins can introduce a time delay or pause the workflow for a set duration of time. Trigger escalation emails, send reminders, grant access to agents for a stipulated amount of time, and much more using the Timer nodes.
More details here.

pPozG4k4xZpWUXpSNibW6Y8BG1xwSxC5f9WaFlK37CRtpgtAEknJ9D-6JQr66azdi2wC7mF2VpCi8B2ulkh0A7SU4g78WxpX-QQM4B4z8tNGNWDuyd_WB33GLJsy2_JF0CL05Opf1nMsyND-wUo

0p2yCH6BLmQHBKJ3IdxmP3j5D71Dan2HuOYiw2veP6U_HHtb4MoOYCb0FkbDaS8r_U3-sybPBKvEUZULdeHePv3JRyCguwie5xcwKvBq8I_heQtGKanBJLSGFVoviLMgdZv3cKw_u-yMfONnbVc

Cloud Management 

Category: IT Asset Management 

With Freshservice Cloud Management, mitigate the complexity of a multi-cloud environment with a clear view of your assets and their relationships, and power service management and operations management processes with visibility into cloud service dependencies in a unified platform.
Freshservice Cloud Management lets you:

• Discover your multi-cloud resources in Freshservice’s CMDB to build a single, integrated source of truth.

• Remediate issues faster with cloud infra dependencies captured right within your service management solution.

• Automate cloud management tasks with a unified self-service cloud catalog. 

More details here.

Note: This feature will be available by July 31st, 2022.

omGVX60vmuCASPu__IFdHBQQL1_zOqp7fIXrnyVEp0GmqFHa4tkeiKNLQZXWMQSsc9k7xFKCHms2lQAisT0uWS9-j1bNIfNatttjHbrs4yA9qcEgH26xZkazFeEsDzhiNRtZ5i1S0JrS9cNlzSI

EZ6WouRDkmSihY_ud1BdhsLyF_dtfj0tR4ZTGxqHFPQmjnM1Fv9RyO1PdvDtBS-GbqsLQfMMoA6-KYP4jIV0YrwO_FI4H3xamk0z0Bgg-egHgabg1JxiganhUbUA1nVJNwKAYuixRHRXwCfXKYA

Asset Workflow Enhancements

Category: IT Asset Management, Workflows/Automation

The following actions will be available in the Action node of Asset Workflows.

• Remove associated software installations- Automatically delete software associated with an asset when it is moved to a retired or expired state.
    Note: This action will only remove the software associated and not delete the software.

• Disable asset discovery action-  Disable the asset discovery (via probe and agent) for retired or expired assets and convert them to unmanaged assets.

Note: The above workflow actions will be visible only for the hardware and cloud asset types. To re-enable the discovery for the asset navigate to the detailed asset view.

qLojG_vvmlsQzrK0lSJmn0vjtoKBJ5vk4iQlcmDb5M7YUw8cWpYNggJDkb3gMWx26BX1l-00_20jymJm6j6dZU2AIPJV2jJf83Q9oLtvAALKExvyIOqbv_edaaGoiiP8OBRUQ829FO43LEk41MU

Device42-Freshservice’s upgraded integration

Get advanced asset discovery and dependency mapping in Freshservice with our Device42 integration. With Device42 you can now discover and sync:

• Business Apps and their relationships

• Device Warranty Information

• Contracts

More details here.

View marketplace app

Software and SaaS usage Analytics

With software reports in Freshservice analytics, stay on top of your software and SaaS usage metrics like:

• Software overview:  Track software used based on varied criteria like status, users, source of creation, publisher, and more. 

• Software Insights: Track software trends observed across your organization like most used software, top software with potential savings, and monthly software trends. 

• Software Users and Installs: Track installs and users for every software. 

• Software contracts: Track software with and without contracts.

Note: This feature was released on June 14th, 2022.

More details here.

nT952WAa6_iTfocIjKwNEOtlDa1B032Hm1VWhEEor419-mcLJyPFjJL-uYgOZFQIehnIt0BDqIz4X5fMFb7_zGdRdH4g57BggifbBm0rMj9JZj8d2X9B04daFloA2P-BFNK_aNZNIak0dycyfSs

SMS support for On-Call Management 

Category: IT Operations Management

Users can now refer to the list of geographies where SMS support for On-Call Management is available before configuring their on-call schedules. 

More details here.

VCF files to track calls from Freshservice

Customers using the On-Call Management module can now track calls from Freshservice by downloading VCF files.

More details here.

Alert properties additional information 

Users can now see additional information fields in any Freshservice ticket body.

c1G3OfgwU3fq4tI4nj7zCCc8k60HPwB4cBTwRvkZ_Cfho1Gn1GhGXSfnryELNE6qpiWYVMXekt4wJzTm8nIxBE4Rojn48lO7EPsofuuzCq0PQNrRrvODiV1sIc7yvNkUr5kEyIsqWHVJI_F4nQ8

Watcher Removal to be Captured in the Ticket Activity Logs

Category: IT Service Management

Agents now have an option to track a watcher removal in the activity logs. With this enhancement, a removed watcher and the user who has removed it both will be captured in the ticket activity log.

Send Reports from the Global Primary Email Address

Get analytics reports and schedules from your brand email id. Going forth, your primary email address, under Global Support Emails, will be used for sending out exports and schedules.

Export Service Item and Asset Type-specific Fields in Analytics

Users can now deep-dive into service items and asset type-specific fields by exporting those fields and analyzing the data from Analytics data exports.

Note: This feature will be available to all plan customers on July 28th.

B4fl656qudd0ZHmYsMs7pFWfKJdLpwj1m8bnSJWCcSQAL6mNqcQznnuKuShppGRZGzkXMZUm9BzppcpRbC0QnZ--k_crDESldrmCU_KKzA_H8qA6tgY0RP6q53dguRZHLi9_GEyn6wZszZdHiCY

Enhanced Ticket Module

Category: Mobile App

With this enhancement, agents will get an intuitive Ticket Management interface that will help them be more productive on the go.

Note: This enhancement will be available on only the android app. 

U0iylsz0TU8rjMnZq9jopQ3TW-H-gUpfXz0Pwy3G_vT_efLafCcAY5k7yYlm5inRp1qchOZyKFxONS7BomgpLJup-76O1IkJRHUhvS9CiR1vOVVeWxkFTSkMriXwRP0znpiEFa3M-WxfvwbHM3Y

UCQn4L2LQSNel8_JR-GOnaAjv7rMHWAX_lofLcYRJpIT4GCKUhdoWeoS1PyBd7a8IVz3a6JoytGx85zyc9qr1LN75oFrB_BJ9Mgl-n_FqXnDWbfFyoA6SRJwIriYVUi4VBksPDOo9E3G1odpuFs

Deprecation of Freshservice APIs - Version 1

REMINDER 1 :
Version 1 of Freshservice APIs will be deprecated on November 30, 2022. You can make API calls using Version 2 of the Freshservice APIs, which offers more functionalities and error handling.

Once API V1 is deprecated, you won’t be able to use it in the areas listed below.  You need to convert all your existing API V1 calls to API V2 calls.

• Workflow Automator ( Web Request nodes and “Trigger Webhook” Action nodes)

• Custom apps

• Portal Customization    

• Any custom services or middleware developed using Freshservice API V1   

Note: After,Nov 30, 2022 all the API V1 endpoints will be retired, and all your workflows or customizations that use API V1 endpoints will cease to work as expected.
Do ensure that you switch to API V2 endpoints by then to avoid any disruptions.

More details here.

Bug Fixes

These were the product defects detected and they’ve now been fixed.

• Customers were getting errors when they tried to clone an asset using the Clone assets app.

• Assets in inventory that were linked to AWS were discovered as new assets instead of performing updates on the old ones.

• When in the requester profile, 'Can see all tickets from this department' is unchecked, the approval that has already been delegated was also removed.

• In Workflow Automator, when the user saves an approval action node and reopens the node to edit the approvers, the close button 'x' to remove the approver does not work, and the user remains as an approver. (The issue was only for ticket automators and hardcoded and static approver names. It did not affect dynamic records.)

• Users were unable to create workflows if the asset type's name contains any special characters, such as a double quote in it.

• Updating the department custom date field via API was showing the date as per the user timezone setting in the portal. If a different TimeZone user views the department, it shows the date as per their Timezone.

• When the user selects the announcement's expiry date in the date picker, it saves it for the day before the date chosen.

• In software custom fields, if the dropdown value contains a less than symbol "<, "it is displayed as &lt; instead of the actual less than the symbol "<. "

• Agents were not able to associate a ticket with Freshrelease standalone app.

• Project time entries export and project tasks export emails were not sent to the user who exports them in the New-gen Project Management.

• In New-gen project management, Project Cloning was failing for some customers.

• When a custom asset field name starts with a number, asset updation via API (Version 2) was throwing an error. 

• In the purchase order, creating a purchase order with the date field only shows the day and the month, not the year.

• In workflow automator, when a service request has no approval requested, it doesn't work. 

• The Auto- Ticket Merger App was not closing the duplicate tickets.

• The group assignment was removed when an agent updated a task within a ticket (like the date or time).

• On-call calendar didn’t load when more than one override was created for a shift configured during the daylight saving period

• Incidents assigned to agents on acknowledgment didn’t show up on the dashboard widget.

• In on-call management, the calendar preview didn’t display the right data for a shift with custom intervals and a weekly shift rotation.

I like the time node, how can I sign up for public beta ? 

Now that the reporting module has been deprecated, when will Fresh allow us to send multipage reports? Currently the situation is that the analytics module only allows a single title page and a single page to represent all data - madness.

@prats

I am interested as well. 

Thank you for responding to all the feedback during the On-Call Management beta season.  It is working well and we are working on deploying it to all of our escalation groups this month.  🙂

Also very interested in being a part of that beta! A lot of really great enhancements this month. Keep up the good work!!!

Now that the reporting module has been deprecated, when will Fresh allow us to send multipage reports? Currently the situation is that the analytics module only allows a single title page and a single page to represent all data - madness.

@rahul.prakash@AwantikaJha 

Should we still expect to see Rest APIs for New Gen Project Management to go live July 15th?

I would like to participate also. 

I love this!!

“Send Reports from the Global Primary Email Address

Category: IT Service Management

Get analytics reports and schedules from your brand email id. Going forth, your primary email address, under Global Support Emails, will be used for sending out exports and schedules.”

This feature is in public beta and will be accessible to customers from all plans from July 28th, 2022!

The Time Node will definitely come in handy, i’ve been using powershell sleep command actions to space out on-prem to 365 user creation workflows when the hybrid sync is run. Was a bit flakey because the sequence would sometimes time-out. This should solve that problem. 

Hope that the SMS support for On-Call Management will be available soon in the Philippines.

This feature is in public beta and will be accessible to customers from all plans from July 28th, 2022!

Ya but that means that I can’t test it and see what my customers can get out of the new features. My customers expect me to more or less be ahead and advice them on features. 

Thank you for responding to all the feedback during the On-Call Management beta season.  It is working well and we are working on deploying it to all of our escalation groups this month.  🙂

@Anusha & team 👏👏👏

Any news for the IOS mobile app enhancements for tickets?

Thank you.

NICE JOB for the timer thing 😉 It will be so useful in our workflows for employee onboarding, offboarding and few more things.

Have a nice day everyone

@Chris Sherlock  - Thanks for your note. I would like to let you know that analytics does allow you to export multipage reports. In addition to Reports export that honours the page layout of the report, you can also choose to export individual widgets in PDF and CSV formats from the widgets page, that would also auto-paginate your data in the export and help in better visualisations. Incase, if this is not working as expected, please do drop an email to support@freshservice.com and we will have one of our support reps provide you the necessary help.

@Chris Sherlock  - Thanks for your note. I would like to let you know that analytics does allow you to export multipage reports. In addition to Reports export that honours the page layout of the report, you can also choose to export individual widgets in PDF and CSV formats from the widgets page, that would also auto-paginate your data in the export and help in better visualisations. Incase, if this is not working as expected, please do drop an email to support@freshservice.com and we will have one of our support reps provide you the necessary help.

Whilst you can do that, you cannot export a full dashboard which contains both graphs and tabular data. This was possible in the deprecated reporting module, but is not possible via the analytics module.

This makes the analytics module useless for reporting to management. 

Great set of updates.

Any chance the Timer Node can take a calculated value from JSON output from a previous Expression or App Action (PowerShell)?

We have user accounts we need to de-activate but only on a future date. It would be good to be able to pause the relevant workflow for the required number of days.

If we can add a placeholder to the number field we can use the diffindays function in expression or output from PS. 

Whilst you can do that, you cannot export a full dashboard which contains both graphs and tabular data. This was possible in the deprecated reporting module, but is not possible via the analytics module.

I would like to upvote this like a million times!!!  

I see that I can now export the tabular widget itself as PDF and it will expand and paginate but as @Chris Sherlock is pointing out the table has to come out by itself away from the Dashboard in its own PDF.

Should we still expect to see Rest APIs for New Gen Project Management to go live July 15th?

Is this delayed again?

Timer Node is an awaited feature, an interesting enhancement would be “wait until {{placeholder}} date/time” instead of static values.

Hope that the SMS support for On-Call Management will be available soon in the Philippines.

Hey @raymondcanilao we are working towards getting SMS support in all regions. We are also trying to add additional channels of communication that one could use in case SMS is unavailable. 

That’s wonderful to hear, @zebb.s :) 

Keep the feedback coming – we are grateful for it!

I would like to upvote this like a million times!!!  

I see that I can now export the tabular widget itself as PDF and it will expand and paginate but as @Chris Sherlock is pointing out the table has to come out by itself away from the Dashboard in its own PDF.

I would like to upvote this as well. I have been waiting for a response on the API connection for project analytics that has been delayed 3 weeks now. The API connection would present a workaround to present data through a Power BI dashboard since Freshservice does not yet have the capability to export a dashboard.