Release Notes

Freshservice Release notes of 2022.R02L.01

Related products: Freshservice

Important update: We have updated the release timelines of “Table view for tickets” on 02nd Mar 2022. This enhancement will be available on 03rd Mar' 22 instead of 28th Feb’22.

Note: All the features/enhancements below will be available on Blossom, Starter, Garden, and Growth plans on Feb 15th. For Estate, Pro, Forest, and Enterprise plans will be available on Feb 28th.

Enhancements:

Use Email to Integrate Monitoring Tools with Freshservice
Category:
IT Operations Management

Users now have an option to receive events and alerts from monitoring tools in the form of emails in Freshservice. Freshservice will create alerts using those emails and display them on the Alerts page. To use this functionality, users will need:

• A monitoring tool that can send email alerts

• Admin rights to configure Alert Profiles

Integration of monitoring tools via email adds to the options currently available – namely pre-configured integrations and custom integration via webhooks – and simplifies alert management for users. 

Note: This feature is available to customers in Pro and Enterprise plans in all data centers. 

More details here.

s5qPLCxbCNJ1XlwjnUVOtJM-DlCOaSdzOr6lTy06MuKgTKD1eAfB5jU3mCP6Lc2Qo18qDsc_g5HigvPeJp8A3cIVsZQuWNHR0d8qBYl9aZ7xU9ztodB11R2u7LJoG-sKuMH5Vmy9

HXPW6ijyC3FbpmmatXnOELWlT50cPAiAGLZN1_U_7YouKiSWAZcumsPasFIOd1yTz4mejjwnH8uZmoftJh1pWGr51RGdjUXy5K9eoNlzgU4a6-0q98iHAY7GsaeQp_jUHB1vPHNL

Notify On-Call Agents using Slack
Category:
IT Operations Management

On-call agents will soon be able to acknowledge, escalate, and resolve incidents directly from Slack. This enhancement is in addition to the existing channels of communication in the On-Call Management module – namely email, SMS, and phone calls. 

Note: Notifications on Slack for On-Call Management will be available by the end of February 2022 to Pro and Enterprise customers in all data-centers except India.

XiVcDkrqHkCRcD_rMQtQPsa9WZ-kXi1AdpomWSGvxbvYPKhDW6LSH42RKtIskGjNhbgavLiF5PSctxOpf29ikKnBWzObo67uf7BKsnhPv2RgLAxWud6aI5L1-S9uQnxgsOP06zUg

bmqG1BRaq3_fbiRATnsV7P1tV1FS42rJT-rErUOtWmJmA3D2MgvlZX_Bbuc2NMd5JmB4xRYRcIoAOMtEYN_OY8c6JNLiUjpMCdxBFXM9JMqLkr6Rm12Ihq-Bz84r_e7_kEW4BkJE

Disable On-Call Notifications for Medium and/or Low Priority Incidents
Category:
IT Operations Management

Users will soon be able to disable on-call notifications and escalations for medium and low-priority incidents using toggles. Available on the accordions for low and medium priority incidents on the Notification Rules tab, the toggles will help users ensure that their on-call team isn’t alerted for incidents that do not require immediate attention.

Note: This enhancement will be available by the end of February 2022 to Pro and Enterprise customers in all datacenters except India.

j216L4CigODV2KgqVbHypDtrCHXhKnGrCCK2vpC9y7BN7w1rJ_dlj_bLqD3g5C0Gov14sRxxUuEho1fHC6UI0PIqpD9V1V6QpyVv7noTffmoXe9BlH7CIjHlazGQva-xGBaMNXdn

Sequential Ticketing in New Employee Onboarding
Category: Enterprise Service Management 

With sequential ticketing, users can define dependencies between different child tickets of an employee onboarding request and pass information from one to the other. The dependent child tickets become available for action to the respective agents when the ticket they depend upon is resolved or closed.

This feature eliminates the need to manually check prerequisites to act upon an assigned ticket and ensures that agents have all the necessary information to resolve their tickets. 

More details here.

Table View for Tickets
Category:
IT Service Management

The modern user experience with the ticket table view will be available soon. The table view will encompass a robust and polished user interface. Agents can fully perceive information in fewer clicks through a customizable view & consistent visual elements. More details here.

Note: This feature will be available to all plans from 3rd March 2022

R3U9D15ILp1Ei0N730-rhKCqI56F0x7DUVadQIz2v-2EZSLWVtU5UOP1-4IdU2svU1ounU1TPzOXQ3Y43N8NGhln33AgXBIkKgcCC8-8sEPmN7wRHCFoKzoHOiH8qc5YEB7HLp8Q

CSAT Improvements
Category: 
IT Service Management 

To improve the customer engagements,we have eliminated the summary section for single-questionnaire CSAT surveys.

The summary section will now be visible only for multiple- questionnaire surveys. 

We have also updated the following cues for multiple questionnaire surveys to enhance transparency.

• The "Proceed to summary" button instead of "Next" for the last question.

• "Back" instead of "previous" for the secondary button on the summary page

User Privilege Changes During Sandbox Sync
Category: 
IT Service Management 

To avoid conflicts in user privileges during production account and sandbox sync, any of the following changes made on a production account while a sandbox is enabled will be copied over to the sandbox immediately:

• The permissions granted to a role

• The roles granted to an agent

• Assignment/revocation of the "Department Head"/ "Company Head" privilege to a user

Orchestration Center Updates
Category:
Workflows/Automation

New apps added to Orchestration center:

• Asana - Manage Projects, Workspaces, Teams, Tasks, and Users in Asana via the workflow Automator. More details here.

• GCP Functions - Invoke operations on GCP functions using the Orchestration app in Workflow Automator. More details here.

Orchestration App Enhancements

• Azure AD -  Perform actions on Administrative units using the Azure Orchestration app. More details here.

I’m loving all the Slack updates! Unfortunately our company relies on Zoom for their communication needs. Any chance for future improvements like this with Zoom? 

The more details link on the email feature is broken.

These updates all look promising. Don’t forget about MS Teams :)

One little itty bitty Google Chat Integration please.

Thank you for the update to On-Call priority selections! Any ETA for those not Pro or Enterprise?

Any word on when the project API will be available again?

I love the ITOM updates. This added a lot of value to the product. And I can’t wait to see the Table View for Tickets! Great work!

The ‘more details here’ link doesnt work for the first item: Use Email to Integrate Monitoring Tools with Freshservice.

We just had the new Table View for Tickets forced on us and the toggle to go back to the old version has been removed. 

Can we get the old version back? We tested the new table view and very quickly disabled it as it’s much much slower to redraw than the old version. We let support/dev know this when we tested and they suggested it was because things were still in beta but now that it’s released and we have no choice I can confirm that it’s as slow as it was before. It’s probably about 5x slower than the previous ticket view.

Can we have the old view back? That would be great, if only until you’ve had a chance to further optimize this current view. Our #1 reason for sticking with FreshService and not jumping to a more established PSA is because it’s fast and responsive, take that away and there’s very little reason for us to stay.

To add to the Table View speed issues, it’s really easy to move your mouse around the list and suddenly have 3 or 4 ticket info pop-ups displayed that don’t go away on their own. 

This view really isn’t ready for production yet, please reconsider forcing it on us.

The more details link on the email feature is broken.

Thanks for the alert @tgennare! The link is fixed now.

To add to the Table View speed issues, it’s really easy to move your mouse around the list and suddenly have 3 or 4 ticket info pop-ups displayed that don’t go away on their own. 

This view really isn’t ready for production yet, please reconsider forcing it on us.

And to also add onto the new list view… merging tickets defaults to the newest ticket being the primary. Annoying since the other areas the oldest are the primary by default keep messing it up cause it’s different depending on where you’re at.

And i too hate it when you have a popup that popups over the first entry and then you have to refresh cause it wont go away.

The joys of our modern plan as you go systems.

Our #1 reason for sticking with FreshService and not jumping to a more established PSA is because it’s fast and responsive, take that away and there’s very little reason for us to stay.

My biggest thing was price when sticking with fresh service But now that they have orchestrator and nickle and dimeing everything the price for features isn’t that great.Gotta make money i get that.. but such a powerful feature that im reluctant to use because of the uncertain cost.

@phodgkinson  

We appreciate you making us aware of your experience with the table view. Our team has been working rigorously to mitigate issues pertinent to the table view to make it prod ready in the past couple of months. I will relay this message to the team. However, please register your issue at support@freshservice.com if not already. We strive to provide excellent customer service promptly and we will prioritize the problem you're facing.

@Smita 24  sadly I let support and dev team know about these issues while the new Table View was still in development but at least we could disable it. The sad part is I let them know and it still launched with the same issues so obviously they didn’t feel it was important then so I definitely don’t think they will see it as important now. I would love to be proved wrong but I won’t hold my breath.

@phodgkinson Thank you for your prompt response. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Could you share a bit more information (account details such as URL) with me so that we can get to the bottom of this? You can write to me at smita.srivastava@freshworks.com. 

Thank you for the update to On-Call priority selections! Any ETA for those not Pro or Enterprise?

Hello! I’m sorry I don’t have an answer to your question as yet. However, in case you are on Starter or Growth plan, could you please answer this ongoing survey to help us understand your requirements for on-call?

Note: All the features/enhancements below will be available on Blossom, Starter, Garden, and Growth plans on Feb 15th. For Estate, Pro, Forest, and Enterprise plans will be available on Feb 28th.

We have the Starter plan but the IT Operations Management is not listed under “Admin”

If i have a look on the pricing page it says that you need “Pro Plan” for IT Operations Management.

So which information is right?

Once again, Freshworks set their own deadline and missed it. Feb 28th has came and went without the ticket table view updates going live. What’s the latest update?

Hi @andrew.belter Thank you for waiting eagerly for Table view 🙂 We are glad to tell you that table view is now live across all accounts. Please report it on support@freshservice.com if you do not have access yet.

i like it