Product update

Your most-awaited Custom Objects enhancements are here!

Related products: Freshdesk

The functionality of custom objects is extended with a host of new enhancements! You can now

• Set up automation rules with custom objects

• Extend the functionality of custom objects to your support portal

• Start associating your custom objects with Companies 

As an admin, you can set up rules to update records automatically, ease the ticket creation process for customers, and associate custom objects with Companies to assist customers better. Reduce the manual workload on your agents, and improve the visibility of custom objects on your support portal to assist with easy ticket creation and updation.

l63C_k3-Ju65BKbuJU82xIOEKVVm9trXiCDyIY9MVVHNCyx3i6NQbyF7Hb7Az512BYsv8rTOYSnc1rokrYlVPqk-v8IS4o3BM3N9NYBdK-8mK1AbsDDB4n6izHvFUDdBxlYYATb2X74P527AoChoCl6mKrXZkTt5D844pPZdmzr9DX142BAe4DE2jg

Operational benefits:

As an admin, here’s how you can leverage these enhancements for your benefit:

Reduce the workload on your agents - Perform ticket actions, update custom object records, and more by setting up automation rules with custom objects. When a ticket comes in and is associated with a custom object record, set up conditions to update the record automatically. 

Ease the ticket creation process - Extend the functionality of custom objects to your support portal in Freshdesk. Enable your customers to raise tickets associated with a record by making custom objects visible on the customer portal. Agents can view/update the records based on the tickets raised.

Assist customers proactively - Associate custom objects with the native object ‘Companies’ to easily identify high-priority customers and assist them as early as possible. Support for native objects is now extended to Companies.

Important links:

Check out the solution articles to understand more!

My “most-awaited” feature is the one you “released” in June for multiple ticket forms, but didn’t actually release to all accounts. Then Support told me it’d be available for my account in a few weeks. Then you told me it will be available by the end of September. Now, you’re telling me there is no ETA. Extremely frustrating. Please work on the existing product and features you’ve promised. Do better. 

We’ve unfortunately been getting the same thing on Freshstatus too, but the latest has now escalated to no responses at all.

This is why I started tuning out on these updates. No impact. Too bad to hear this, I thought it was just me.

My “most-awaited” feature is fixes to the buggy editor used for tickets, Automations, Canned Text, etc.  I’ve been waiting for years and continue to hope for the best.

Hi @taylor.johnson , we regret the delay caused in enabling the feature for your account. We’re working on enabling it for all customers. Write to us at suuport@freshdesk.com, we’ll check and revert if we can enable it as early access for your account. 

Make all “ticket fields” editable. My analysts don’t make any sense because of a few major flaws that could be easily fixed if there were no Mandatory fields created from Freshdesk. There’s editable fields in which you can make certain parts mandatory / not for agents and customers but there’s a few that are completely mandatory that shouldn’t be. 

Freshdesk needs to make its customer service more knowledgable and to fix some major issues. We don’t even use freshdesk for all that it “could do” because of the many flaws and unclear instructions from customer service. 

What are Custom Objects?

My “most-awaited” feature is fixes to the buggy editor used for tickets, Automations, Canned Text, etc.  I’ve been waiting for years and continue to hope for the best.

Hi! Can you please describe, what kind of "canned" bugs are you encountering?