API Searching

• 20 December 2017
  • 7 replies

I am looking up customers based on their phone numbers.  If a phone number is entered in the system as (###) ###-#### but I search for ########## it fails.  The search should work on numbers alone (i.e. strip all formatting characters).  Also, 

If I have a phone number of (123) 456-7890 and a mobile number of (123) 098-7654, I would like to be able to pass 1 search parameter...

phone is 1234567890 OR mobile is 1234567890

I was told in an email to use '+' in place of OR, but that fails..

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

This is HUGE!  Please respond ASAP.  Also, I did a search in my account today within the website.  I searched for a phone number (properly formatted).  It brought up 2 contacts, but 1 contact didn’t have that number on it at all...  

Any help here?

Hi Matt, 

As far as I am aware there is no search functionality in API ver 1 or 2. We could expose contacts through  https://webfreshreport.azurewebsites.net   so it would be available in MS Excel , Power BI or MS SQL database and searchable.  

Best Regards,

Derek

Actually it should be possible to search users and agents through API. We have not tried it though

Filter byHandle
email, mobile, phone/itil/requesters.json?query=<condition>
Example:
/itil/requesters.json?query=email is user@yourcompany.com
[Note: Do an url encode of the query string]
Regards,

Derek

you did not read my comment.  If you have your phone numbers saved in the database as (###) ###-#### and search for query=phone is ########## it will fail.

also, as mentioned in the first comment:

If I have a phone number of (123) 456-7890 and a mobile number of (123) 098-7654, I would like to be able to pass 1 search parameter...

phone is 1234567890 OR mobile is 1234567890

I was told in an email to use '+' in place of OR, but that fails..

My goal is to tie this system into my VOIP phone service.  When the phone rings, it loads a website where I pass in the phone number (I also wrote an outlook extension that does the same thing with the email address when an email is clicked) and show info based on that search string.

Matt,

I Apologise for super late response. But just In case if anyone else is looking out for a solution or the best documentation which might help,

Best

Saif