Oauth - Template variable not defined

• 18 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I've gotmy OAuth token in place(.frsh/localstore) and when I try to make my request the <%= access_token %> variable in the headers are recognised. 

Here is my code gist along with the error details.

https://gist.github.com/PritiKumr/7e725388bf613f4e5fa98106ac419a77

Looks like this issue is similar to an issue raised a while back. 

https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/316814

Thanks,

Preethi

template-var-error_29213.png

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Hi Preethi,

Did you go through the oauth authorization flow? And are there any errors in the console (or) is the token not substituted in the header?

Thanks,

Raghuram. P

Raghuram, I'm sorry the initial post was not very clear. 

I've gone through the OAuth authorisation flow and thus the access_token is available in the .frsh/localstore file.

But then, when I'm trying to use that variable (access_token) in the code, as described in the documentation, I get the following error - 

ReferenceError: access_token is not defined
at eval (eval at _.template (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:1454:20), <anonymous>:6:9)
at template (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:1461:21)
at substituteTemplates (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/lib/api/proxy.js:41:59)
at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/lib/api/proxy.js:20:18)
at dpRouterExec (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/lib/routes/data-pipe.js:6:32)
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
at next (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
at Route.dispatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/frsh-sdk/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22

You can look at the code in the OP. Hope this can be resolved ASAP.

Hi Preethi,

We need some more details to debug the issue.

• SDK version 

• Node version

• Oauth provider 

Adding to it, make sure you have not modified .frsh/localstore file.

Thanks.

The substitution of access_token happens in the server side. We dont let the app read the access_token directly until it is local testing.

Thanks Raghu, Mahesh. 

I am now past this. Appreciate your support.