improve the "Add CI's" dialogs
The "Add CI's" dialog shows up in each ticket, problem, change, and release.
It looks like this
I find it difficult to use in the following ways:
- finding the appropriate CI since there are so many default (and unchangeable) categories.
- The search only searches in the category you've selected.
- Searching works a little better when you pick the top most category in a hierarchy, but tt's not immediately obvious which category is the top most.
However, there's another dialog for associating CIs that works a lot quicker. this shows up when:
- creating/linking a new problem from a ticket,
- creating/linking a new change from aticket
- creating/linking a new change from a problem,
- creating/linking a new release from a change,
It looks like this:
With this you can very quickly starting typing the CI and find it. It's so easy!
Several ideas on how to improve the "Add CIs" functions
- Make the current search box search all items, not just the category you've selected.
- Add something like the "Add CIs" search box on the create and link screen.
3 people like this idea