Release Notes - June 2015
New Feature Updates
- Reply collision : At times, agents might miss newer responses from the customer or another agent, in case he/she doesn't refresh the page for a long time. This manual refresh need not be performed anymore as Reply Collision will automatically warn the agents about the newer replies when he/she clicks on "send" button.
- Contact Merge : The beta for one of our most awaited feature is finally out! You can now consolidate tickets raised by a customer from multiple email addresses or through multiple channels (like Facebook, Twitter, Email, etc) under one single contact. This will help the agents track all the tickets raised by a customer, much more efficiently. This should be rolled out to everyone by the month of July. For more details on how this feature works, please refer to the solution article here.
- SLA Violation Email to Assigned Agent : You can now send SLA Violation emails to the assigned agent so that the necessary corrective measures can be taken immediately. This should help in improving the First Response and Resolution time on tickets.
- Carry over date range from Ticket Filter on Ticket Export : If the "Select Time Period" is chosen on the Ticket Filters,the same date range is carried over to the Export as well. This will reduce the number of clicks involved in the date selection, thereby making export more seamless.
Updates to Phone
- Agent Availability Status : Admins can now see the Agent Availability from the Dashboard, by clicking on the "Agent Availability Status" option. This would have the "Phone" tab which shows the list of agents who are currently accepting calls in the helpdesk.
- Importing Company Posts: When you choose to import your company posts, only the posts which has comments from your visitors will come in as tickets. This way, you can be sure that you get only the posts which needs your attention inside Freshdesk. It will also include albums posted by you. And when there are any customer comments on your album as a whole, or to any specific pictures, they will come in as Freshdesk tickets.
1 person likes this
Love this add, but would we add a request that it allows people to be notified BEFORE the SLA is assigned? Corrective measures work best when they're preventative.
SLA Violation Email to Assigned Agent : You can now send SLA Violation emails to the assigned agent so that the necessary corrective measures can be taken immediately. This should help in improving the First Response and Resolution time on tickets.
I agree with Philippe, I would rather a warning 30 minutes before the violation than 30 minutes after a violation.
The Agent Availability Status also needs to include Live Chat
@David and @Philippe - Completely agree with you guys. We'll plan for notification before violation.
New Feature Updates
Reply to forward : Agents can now continue their private conversation with the 3rd party without losing context by replying to the private notes added.
Insert/Paste images in Email Notifications : You can now add your company logo and other images in the signature and other email notifications.
- Requestor Phone Number in Ticket Export : Sometimes you have customers reaching out more often via phone than email. In this case, exporting the requestor's phone number becomes highly essential. "Requestor Phone" in the ticket export will return the work phone number if it is present and mobile phone number, otherwise.