Service Status Page
My inspiration for this: https://its.uq.edu.au/serviceview
Want to be able to communicate outages, degraded services, known issues. A status page like above is a possible way to achieve this, along with email / other mass text communication methods.
I see some potential for FreshService to do some great things with this which I think should be considered:
- Scheduled maintenance can be written up as a release and automatically go onto a status page (a checkbox for it to go up)
- "Outage" or "Degraded" (and possibly others) incidents and problems can go onto the status page selectively
- Link to CIs for full histories of the above. Possibly do some funky things with relationships (show pretty graphs on what's affected).
- Track uptime, integrate with reporting, allow the service status to show resolved issues
- Announcements can integrate with all of the above
11 people like this idea
My team would also benefit from this. Though we would prefer to lean toward the Google Apps status page:
And maybe have what Scott suggested follow that for a recent history of incidents/problems and any related KB/FAQ articles.