21st July 2017 – Project Management in Freshservice

Switching between your project management solution and ITSM tool can be inconvenient and time-consuming. In order to address this, Freshservice has introduced project management feature integrated with the service desk. This enables IT teams to use a single tool to manage their projects in tandem with IT service management processes such as incidents, changes, and assets.

What does it mean?

Most IT projects involve intense planning and a considerable amount of risk. Project management feature in Freshservice will:

- Eliminate the need to juggle between a separate project management solution and your ITSM tool.

- Easily link projects to incident, changes, and assets bringing more visibility into how they are related.

- Ensure on-time delivery of projects by capacitating users to efficiently manage, prioritize and track projects.

- Facilitate seamless collaboration with different teams.

Refer to the solution article and video to know more about project management.

6 people like this

Hello,

I like the projects feature, but as it's still a new product there's also some room for improvement. I would also like to be able to put in time worked on tasks. And some different ui views for the projects. For the moment, you can only see the all the projects, it would be nice if you could also get a agent view, to see who is working on which projects. A gantt chart view of a project/agent would also be really useful.

I second Peter's post.  In evaluating the product, there is a gap in the project module around resource management from the perspective of identifying who is assigned to what, how much time they are spending from a requested vs actual perspective, and there is nothing around financials such as budgeted, actuals, po and invoice tracking, etc.  It's a great start for managing small task based projects, but its missing some key elements.  Also I can't find any reports around projects so as to build any dashboards or generate executive level reporting, is that coming?

Another thing that I would like to point is that there is no ability to place a project on hold. You either have Open, In Progress, or Closed. We tend to forecast our projects in our organization and prepare all of the tasks that are going to be associated with the project well ahead of the start date. By not having the option to add or adjust status types, organizations such as mine will typically have about 40 open projects since we cannot thoroughly segregate them by statuses. Would be a really nice feature to be able to edit the various fields under Project Management.

So there's still no way to track time against project tasks? The module looks great in concept but considering that our business revolves around tracking and billing time, this oversight critically limits the module's usefulness to us. 

We'll start using it once the time tracking and reporting gets ironed out. 

Login or Signup to post a comment