Answered

Best use of 'Tags'

Hello

I am aware how to add tags, manage them, remove duplicates, delete and reuse them in articles, but I am wondering about the best use of them to make articles searchable in our KB.  A few quick queries:

*  Do I need to add on every connotation of every word as an individual tag?  i.e. Connect, Connection, Connected, Connects.

*  If I have an article Titled, for example, 'add user to member permission group'.  Should the tags be "Add", "User", "Permission", "Member", "Group" or would I also need phrases that might be searched too in a sort of belt and braces fashion?  Like "Add user", "Add permission", "add member", "grant rights", "grant permission"....etc etc etc.....?  My worry is this list could be endless.....

What advice do you have from people who have already got a KB set up and who's user base is using it successfully?

Regards

Fiona

CPS

01904 545 564

Best Answer

Fiona,

The tags definitely boost the listing value of an article in search but it follows the article title,description in terms of value ranking. The general suggestion is to create one or two tags that would complement the title or any keyword in the description so that the article is boosted up in the search results.

Cheers!

1 Comment

Answer

Fiona,

The tags definitely boost the listing value of an article in search but it follows the article title,description in terms of value ranking. The general suggestion is to create one or two tags that would complement the title or any keyword in the description so that the article is boosted up in the search results.

Cheers!

Login or Signup to post a comment