Remove duplicate notification emails

When someone replies to a ticket email and includes me directly, I get 3 emails:

1. Direct from the user

2. "New Reply Received" message (Agent Notifications - Requester Replies to Ticket)

3. "New Comment" message (CC Notifications - Note Added to Ticket)

It would be great if FreshService could detect that the Agent email is also the CC email, and that the original email included both, and reduce emails accordingly.

In this case, FS should see that I've already directly received the email, and not fire the rules for 2 and 3.

8 people like this idea

I completely agree.  I'm constantly getting queries from users about duplicate notifications.  It would be great if the system were more intelligent with this. Thanks.

Good point, I hadn't considered that this might happen to users as well.

That makes it even more important!

There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to suppress ticket update emails from going out in duplicate when we have the notification for both agent adding a comment and agent solving/closing tickets.   Would it be possible to have an action added to Skip the Agent Adds a comment to ticket similar to how we have the Skip New Ticket Notifications?

Also, it would be nice to have the close email notification suppressed if the ticket as marked resolved and we are systematically moving from resolved to closed.

I fear we are exhausing our users with FreshService emails and they are not paying attention to the important ones.

All that really needs to be done is to provide a Skip Notifications Option in the workflow like you do for the Ticket Creation email.  I'd be glad to add to my workflows to avoid so much unnecessary email traffic.

Login or Signup to post a comment