Project Management needs improvement
One of the main reasons we signed up for FreshService was integrated Project Management capabilities.
However, the current implementation is very lacking in some key areas which makes it basically unusable.
I have seen some other people have mentioned some of these things before, up to a year ago, on these forums. I am wondering if we can get some improvements on some of these items.
- When I got to Projects, the last filter I selected should be the default. For most people, this would be "My Projects". Showing "All Projects" every time is an extra couple of clicks every time. When viewing Tickets, it remembers the last filters I used; Projects should be the same.
- Don't make me enter dates/times for a Task. I don't always know the target date, and this is an extra step which I then need to come back and revise.
- Order Tasks by date by default (if they have a date), but let me reorder the tasks as I wish. Right now they seem to go by completion date (?), but if I have several tasks with the same date, they just go in a random order (doesn't even seem to be alphabetical). In my opinion, order should be by my own priority first, then by completion date, then by alphabetical. Or just let us define the sorting ourselves.
- We need a progress indicator other than % complete. I think Gantt charts (even if they are simplified or view-only based on the Tasks properties) would be extremely valuable here.
- We need reports. Unless I am missing something, Reporting for Projects is non-existent. Gantt charts should be in here too.
8 people like this idea
Glad to see Gantt charts are now on the roadmap.
I agree! We are going to be using this for our IT ticketing software and they want to see if it can be used for our project management as well, but I have had some of the same issues.
I agree with the OP, the current implementation is basically useless.
Having to input absolute dates for tasks is definitely not the way to go. That's even worse when these dates are checked when you try to set dependencies between tasks.
Agree on all points and we need at the least a way to filter projects by owner, company, due date etc!!
Along with points brought up by previous users, I don't understand why you can't associate a ticket to a project. You are able to do so by changing the ticket from service request to incident, then associating and switching it back, but that is a lot of extra clicks.
I agree with everything stated here. We were excited to use the project management feature but it just doesn't make sense. I think the biggest thing missing for us is when you create a new Project Task is needs to be visible in the ticket queue for an agent. That's where all of our agents constantly are working from.
For now we've been associating an incident/ticket to a project but we then we loose the Project Completion status and there is no way in the Project View to see if the associated ticket is completed without drilling down into the actual ticket itself.. It's really just a glorified list of a tickets at this point.
I'm also trying to utilize the Project module and need to not just Associate the support side requests coming in, but need to convert those to an actual Project Task so it appears in my project timeline.
Reporting is another huge gap and would provide a lot of value to the Projects module.
We are just starting out on using projects and the ability to filter projects by teams is a basic task that we need, not having any reporting functionality is also an issue, is there any possibility that this is on the roadmap?