Closing a Change should close related tickets
When I close a change it doesn't closed related tickets, only problems, however problems are not always a reason for changes, for instance we have a process for requesting feature request in our ECM systems, this is not a problem it is a service request type.
- We go through the vetting process
- We select a subset of the requests and create an associated change,
- We associate the related tickets to this change and plan the change accordingly
- Finally once the change planning/testing/Approval portion is complete and we are ready for release we associate a release.
- Once we release the release is complete, the change is closed, but the associated tickets are left in whatever state they were already in.
this is cumbersome as we then have to go through each associated ticket and close it manually.
6 people like this idea
this has been a major thorn in our side since we are pushing to be more inline with ITIL practices... any update or workaround for us?
We also do Feature Requests to Changes workflow. I recall this may not be 100% ITIL when I researched before but I do agree this that if a Service Request is linked to a change due to being a new feature you should have an option to close the related tickets with a summary of what was completed on the change.
I don't understand why associated problems can be closed automatically when a change is closed but incidents can't.
Please can this function be added asap?
Any Updates on this??
We would like to see this also.
Same concern as not all Change requests originates from a Problem.