Alert levels and dependencies
Freshping is on to a good start. The interface is nice.
- Dependencies to prevent a flood of alerts if an edge router dies (I got sick of monitus promising this but never delivering).
- Maintenance windows (that cascade through the dependencies).
- Automatically generate PDF uptime reports configurable across any time period for a range of devices.
Our staff don't want awakened at 3am for a minor website going down so there needs to be:-
- Per device alert levels
- End user contact groups (e.g. on-call, daytime-only).
- Configurable time windows (24/7, working hours, daytime only, night time)
Currently using nodeping as it does most of the above but it's a bit "clunky" to use.
Also SMS and voice call alerts need to be built in. I don't particularly want nor have time to muck around with 3rd party stuff like twilio.
Agreed on all these points, especially flood protection.