App Setup Events - Instance Unique Identifier
Firstly, I'm sorry if this doesn't belong to this topic. (Not sure if it's a problem)
I'm trying to store something unique related with the freshdesk instance when a customer installs my app.
We are receiving a payload like this:
Is the account_id the instance unique identifier? I can't consider the domain as unique because it can change easily on the future... And that could break the app.
I understand you're trying to confirm whether `account_id` is unique or not.
In order to provide you best solution, can you provide me few more details?
- Just a High level context of use case that your app is trying to solve. [In 1 or 2 lines]
- Type of the App: Custom App or Marketplace App
- Feature or Features that your app is using? [Data API or Instance API or so on]
Hi Saif Ali,
1. I'm trying to relate app data with freshdesk instanes. I don't think it's a good idea to use the instance url as unique, because it can be change and could brake database relationships...
2. Marketplace App
3. Serverless - App Setup Events:
Thanks for your effort giving me right context.
Yes, you can use account_id as a unique identifier for each instance in the app.
Thank you Saif Ali! :)