asset discovery agent for Mac not reporting
i have downloaded the install package for the asset discovery agent for Mac. I followed the instructions to unpack the file and ran the .pkg installer. It appears to run to completion but my laptop does not appear in the list of captured assets.
Other Mac users in my organization have run the installer without issue.
I'm on macOS 10.14.6
additional information: I'm a remote user. I've attempted the install both while connected via VPN and standalone. The other users in my company who have successfully installed it are on the network in the office.
I apologise for getting back to you at a later date.
I'd like to analyse the logs to see if the Agent has been installed correctly and if it's able to connect to your office network. Would it be possible for you to send us the same?
The path for Mac devices is as follows : /Library/Freshservice/Freshservice-Discovery-Agent/
I'll have this topic converted to a ticket and have our agents reach out to you over an email.
any resolution to this? we have the same issue
We can see that you have already created a support ticket and one of support team members will be getting back to you today with an update on the ticket.
Seems like a lot of people are having this issue. Interesting that we keeping taking the topic offline to support tickets instead of sharing on here what the fix was for each of these cases.
I found 3 total similar community forum posts, don't know how many cases go directly to support for the same:
https://support.freshservice.com/support/discussions/topics/327550?page=1 10 month old topic
https://support.freshservice.com/support/discussions/topics/50000001537 1 month old topic
https://support.freshservice.com/support/discussions/topics/50000000501 7 month old topic
In our case, being told that the installer will break the agent when run on the same computer more than 1x seems like a very poorly coded application, also have been unable to run "cleanup scripts" and a reinstall to fix the issue still. Hoping for an update this week...
We do understand and we have updated the respective forums with the issue and I'll drop an update on this forum as well.
The issue faced by Jerry on this thread is same as the issue which was being faced by you. As you have already mentioned, the issue occurs when the configuration file has been corrupted or when another agent file is installed without uninstalling the previous agent on the device. We have taken it to our product team and we'll have the forum updated with updates from our Product Manager.