Implemented

Task-based Automations

Fixing certain Incidents, fulfilling certain Service Requests or carrying out certain Changes often require a fixed set of Tasks to be completed. While Task Management in Freshservice is great for breaking down work, it will be better with Automations.

Introducing Task-based Workflow Automations 

With Task-based Automations, Admins can configure rules

• To create process workflows through Tasks for resolving Tickets and Problems or completing Changes and Releases
    • For e.g. Task-based Automations can be used to create a sequential workflow of Tasks that need to be completed for fulfilling a new laptop request
  • To route Tasks automatically based on configurable conditions
  • To notify Users on changes to the status of Tasks
  • To keep the parent Ticket/Problem/Change/Release fields updated based on Task events
  • And much more!

Task-based Automations will be available for Ticket, Problem, Change and Release Tasks.

26 people like this idea

Folks,

Task-based automations is now live. Feel free to give this feature a try and let us know what you think :) 

-

Sundar

Product @ Freshservice

Hi Marc,

The feature is under development. We don't have a concrete ETA yet though. But, it should be available roughly in a couple of months' time. We'll know better as we inch closer to completion.

I will keep this thread updated.

Thank you.

-

Sundar

Product @ Freshservice

Any update on this functionality? Maybe an e.t.a. for an Alpha version?

This is so needed now!  Please sign me up, we will Alpha test for you.   We are currently stuck with manual status changes to move stagged workflows along.   It appears from the forums that tasks have been second class citizens for a long time, time to step them up and treat them equally.

Hi Alex,

We are trying to get this feature prioritised for the immediate future. I don't have concrete release date yet. Kindly stay tuned.

-

Sundar

Any update on when this feature will be released? 

That's awesome to hear Sundar. We would love that functionality as well to set dates relative to a date field.

Leigh

Hi Tom,

Ability to set field values from placeholders dynamically is not something that will be available in the first cut of Task automations. We will eventually extend support for setting values dynamically in the action blocks, not just in Tasks, but across all Automators. For now, I'll add your request against that.

Thanks for your feedback.

-

Sundar

Product @ Freshservice

Within the task automation, do you know if it will be possible to use ticket details to configure a task, say for example, when creating a task, setting the due by date based on a date set within a service request? So Event - Task Created, Condition - Ticket's Requested Item is Laptop, Action - Due By {{date you need the laptop by)).

Hello Leigh,

Yes, Task workflows can run in parallel with Ticket workflows. You're right that two workflows cannot be triggered for the same ticket at the same time, and similarly two workflows cannot be triggered for the same task at the same time. However, Ticket workflows and Task workflows can execute in parallel.

-

Sundar

Product @ Freshservice

Will task workflows be able to run in parallel with ticket workflows? I recall logging a ticket a while ago and the problem was that we couldn't have two ticket workflows triggered at for the same ticket.

I'm assuming they will be designed to to run in parallel but just wanted to check.

A very good improvement to tasks.

Hi Des,

It's still early days. We don't have an ETA yet. 

I'll keep this thread updated on the latest.

-

Sundar

This is good news. As always, have you an idea of the timeline? Thanks

Login or Signup to post a comment