Not Taken

Dynamic Cost

In the service catalog, one of the canned fields is Cost.  What I'd like to do is have that field update as the user completes the form.

For example, one of our catalog items is "Printer".  We have four models of printer that we offer with four different prices.  I DO NOT want to have four different services, where the user needs to select which one they want.  I want one "Printer Request".

However, once the user selects "Printer Request", I'd like the Cost to dynamically update in real time based on the choices the user makes.  How can I do that?

1 person likes this idea

Hi Brian,

At the moment, we do not have the option to add dynamic costs to a single service item.

I have recorded your feature request and have passed it to our Product team.

Further more, I would like to explain to you how the Feature Request process works in order to set the right expectations. We have raised your suggestion as feature request but that does not mean that the product team will necessarily built this in the near future.Here is how we build our Product Roadmap at Freshservice and this post will give you an idea on how features are picked up and built.

Regards,

Gautham

I understand how feature requests work.  Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment