Introducing Article Templates in Freshdesk Knowledge Base!

Hello everyone,

We’re super thrilled to roll out Article Templates for Freshdesk Knowledge Base. You can start creating templates for your articles and make the entire content creation process fast and efficient.

Article Templates in Freshdesk

Manage templates

With the list page, it's quick and easy to access all your templates - create new ones, clone from an existing one or even get started with an article using a template.

Manage Article Templates in Freshdesk

Create Templates

You can create templates such as step-by-step guides, installation guides, how-to or release notes based on your business needs and the team can simply choose from the list of templates to start working on their articles. With granular permissions, you get to choose who has the permission to create and manage templates within the team. 

Create Article Templates in Freshdesk

Mark as default

Many a time, you would always want your team to get started on a specific template rather than starting on an empty page. The default template option can also be extended to add certain content and formatting guidelines as well as sharing author instructions. 

Default Article Templates in Freshdesk

Insert templates

Using a template is pretty simple, you get to preview the templates and add them in a click - either from the templates page or the article page. You can also add multiple templates in your articles if need be.

Insert Article Templates in Freshdesk

Read this article to learn more about article templates and how to get started with it. We'd love to hear your feedback so please feel free to drop your comments here.

Thanks,

Sajesh

15 people like this

Great addition to the Knowledgebase, was already looking for a "workaround" for this. Nice to see you have implemented it.

That's amazing to know Yvo, happy to hear from you. Give the feature a try and let us know your feedback.

This is awesome! I had a template article that I just copied the HTML of into every new article, now I no longer have to!

This is a great feature that we definitely will use. If there is a feature to leave internal comments in articles, Solutions will be even more comfortable to use.

Merel and Andrew - Happy to know that the feature is useful, our team will be super excited to hear your comments. 

Andrew - About the comments, I am assuming you would like to discuss and collaborate within the team on a specific article. Have you tried using Freshconnect? You can read more about it here and let me know whether it works. 

I agree with Andrew Legkov, it would be good to have the possibility to have an internal (only for agents) area in a public article. In some cases you want to make the article available to clients as well, but there is some information (like intranet folder paths or confidential customer information) which can not be published in the article. Having this internal area would be very positive for customers (as it will allow more articles to be publicly published) and agents alike.

This is also how other organisations like Microsoft and IBM structure their knowledge bases. 

If you need more information on how this could work please let us know.

When will this be available in Freshservice? 

I am completely agree with Gabriel and Andrew. It is very inconvenient to create two separate articles for a single issue (one is visible for customer, another is almost the same but with some internal workarounds and is visible only for agents). Having public and internal parts in one article will significantly improve user experience.

Hi,

The same usecase: we have to create 2 articles and cross-link them straight in the body.

Engineers from time to time provide "internal" article by mistake: obviously they are almost duplicates.

This leads to :

- Multiplied entities (internal + external article) - harder to search

- Hard to maintain when article must be changed

- Bad customer experience with Support when we provide internal article

This really prevents us from better adoption of the KB engine.

Login or Signup to post a comment