Adding contact with umlaut in email gives "Another contact exists with the same email" error
Hello FreshDesk Team,
I found a bug when adding a contact.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open "New Contact" Modal
- Enter email with umlaut. ex. "mötley@crue.com"
- Fill out necessary fields.
- Click "Create" button.
- The contact is saved. (Umlaut characters are allowed in email addresses)
- An appropriate error is displayed. ex: "The email contains illegal characters"
- The error "Another contact exists with the same email" is displayed.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've created a ticket to track this and will keep you posted via email. :)