Solved

Workspaces: Is it possible to take service items from the default and put them into a new workspace?

• 20 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I am looking to set up a workspace for both our Facilities Dept and our Finance Dept.

I have only just started on this and have ran into these blockers already:

Cannot take existing service items/categories or workflows and put them into different workspace

On sandbox:
Cannot publish service item until workspace is published
Cannot publish workspace in sandbox account

Is there no way of moving service items from the default into a new workspace? I do not want to re-enter them all as this will mess up the data we already have. Not sure if this is an available option once the workspace is published and do not want to publish it on live yet.

I may just route the tickets to go to the facilities workspace from the default.

Thanks,

Elisha

icon

Best answer by Russell Ho-Aitken 20 October 2023, 17:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Elisha

I’m stuck with the same issue. Migrating a team to a workspace is entirely manual. All tickets i had to manually move. with catalog items we took this as an opportunity to build out better forms. But you do need to do it all manually. its the same with automation workflows. any you;ve build for the primary team, you’ll need to decide if these should be global or set up per workspace. 

Mild inconvenience given the onboarding and offboarding for teams is superb, and the cost savings for none technical teams is great too! 

Russell

Badge +3

Badge +3

Hi Elisha

I’m stuck with the same issue. Migrating a team to a workspace is entirely manual. All tickets i had to manually move. with catalog items we took this as an opportunity to build out better forms. But you do need to do it all manually. its the same with automation workflows. any you;ve build for the primary team, you’ll need to decide if these should be global or set up per workspace. 

Mild inconvenience given the onboarding and offboarding for teams is superb, and the cost savings for none technical teams is great too! 

Russell

Hi Russell,

That’s unfortunate! 😔 I appreciate the response however.

Hope you have a good day/weekend. 😊

Thanks,

Elisha

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Elisha

Freshservice have been talking now for a while about having a migration tool. it was suppose to be available in Q3 but is now looking like Q1 next year…  We bit the bullet and came across the same issues you have in the sandbox. we are about to go live next month with splitting out our IT and HR into seperate workspaces. 

if you can wait then i would wait until the migration tool is out. if not then i would not use sandbox and just create a workspace in live and work from that. 

Then sandbox is not really fit for this purpose…