Can't create Tickets in the past via API ("created_at" field not available)

Why is not possible to create tickets with custom date/times via FreshDesk API? I'm trying to migrate existing tickets from an external platform to FreshDesk and it is essential to have the correct creation date/time for each ticket and conversation. 

Right now all tickets are being created with the current date/time and adding the "created_at" field to the call returns a validation error:

{"description":"Validation failed","errors":[{"field":"created_at","message":"Unexpected/invalid field in request","code":"invalid_field"}]}

Is this a plan limitation? I'm on Sprout plan now. If I upgrade to a paid plan, will this restriction be removed? 

I've found this related topic from 5 years ago, but there's no recent response:

https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/21687

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Pat,

The created_at field hasn't been exposed via API as of now. Our support team can help you with the migration of tickets from your existing system with no hassles. Can you please reach out to support(at)freshdesk(dot)com with information about the current system and the number of tickets that you'd love to migrate?

Cheers!

Hey Pat,

Help Desk Migration service allows keeping all your information during the migration process.