Solved

Workspaces are great. But what about cloning automations?

• 6 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi all,

once a new workspace is created, I have to replicate all the automation I have on the default workspace to the new one, or alternatively, replicate them at a global level.

Is there a way to do it in a easy way? Otherwise I need to replicate tens of automations…

Thanks

Massimo

icon

Best answer by Russell Ho-Aitken 6 October 2023, 10:29

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

They are talking about having a workspace migration tool. should have been q3 this year, but looks like it will be by the end of the year.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

i have asked this question before and gotten a “It’s complicated” response. However, I did hear from a client yesterday they had asked for environment promotion, and that was something that’s being actively worked on. So maybe there’s something in the works?

If you need an extra pair of hands, we’re here to assist www.ZestCo.uk :D 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have the same issue. What i;ve done is spent an afternoon rebuilding them in the global automator and that runs on every workspace then.

Its not a migration, but does mean that every workspace new and old will operate the same. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have the same issue. What i;ve done is spent an afternoon rebuilding them in the global automator and that runs on every workspace then.

Its not a migration, but does mean that every workspace new and old will operate the same. 

Downside is that you can’t use Custom Objects. 

Badge

Hello everyone

This is Jatin from Freshworks. We are currently in the process of building migration utilities to copy configurations and data. You can expect those to be rolled out by mid-Q1.
Meanwhile we have put together a guide to do this manually until the utilities are out. Here is the link: https://view.highspot.com/viewer/64dbb84f25f4233eb40da0b2
If you need any assistance in doing this manually in the interim period, you can leverage the help of our Professional Services team. Please reach out to your customer success manager for the same.

Thanks
Jatin Rastogi

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello everyone

This is Jatin from Freshworks. We are currently in the process of building migration utilities to copy configurations and data. You can expect those to be rolled out by mid-Q1.
Meanwhile we have put together a guide to do this manually until the utilities are out. Here is the link: https://view.highspot.com/viewer/64dbb84f25f4233eb40da0b2
If you need any assistance in doing this manually in the interim period, you can leverage the help of our Professional Services team. Please reach out to your customer success manager for the same.

Thanks
Jatin Rastogi

Any updates on this? We’re pivoting to workspaces and this just became the single greatest upset of the year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello everyone

Thanks
Jatin Rastogi

Any updates on this? We’re pivoting to workspaces and this just became the single greatest upset of the year.

This isn’t a idea, look in the Idea forum. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello everyone

Thanks
Jatin Rastogi

This isn’t a idea, look in the Idea forum. 

You're right, it isn't an idea, it's me talking directly to the person who suggested it was being worked on in the hopes they'll respond.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We at Synerity have a toolbox where we can migrate large amount of tickets in a easier way. If anyone is interested we give you a price for the service. 

But it’s all you can do as of now outside web GUI.