Welcome to the Freshworks User Network Global Charities & Non-Profits User Forum

• 12 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello and Welcome to Freshworks User Network Global Charities & Non-Profits User Forum!

This is your place to connect and engage with your peers who are working in or are interested in the Charities and Non-Profits industry.

We believe there’s nothing more fascinating and unstoppable than when people come together.

Our mission is to create a user group of diverse individuals who will support, challenge, and inspire one another by providing a platform for networking, mentorship, and development. We encourage you to share your knowledge, ask questions, participate in discussions and become an integral part of this community. 

Now, it’s time for some introductions!!

Go ahead and introduce yourself and let everyone get to know you. Here are some optional prompts to help you:

1. A little bit about you and what you do (need not be restricted to what you do professionally)
  2. Why you do what you do?
  3. What brought you here to this community?
  4. Your dream travel destination
  5. Describe yourself in one word

Feel free to add photographs or anything that you’d like to share with all of us!

Sharing some quick links for our new members:

1. More about the Freshworks User Network
  2. Join the Global Charities & Non-Profits User Network to stay updated of all the upcoming events
  3. Interested in building and leading this or any other user network? Apply to be a Leader

Once again thank you for joining the Global Charities & Non-Profits forum. We would like to hear what interests you and we will make it happen for you.

6 replies

Hi, I’m Sarah Brain the Free Services Manager at AbilityNet, a charity in the UK that helps older and disabled people access technology.  We use Freshdesk for our amazing team of 300 Tech volunteers who support older and disabled people with their tech at home.  Our vision is that no one is excluded from the digital world that is so essential now for day to day life.

I’m excited to be part of this new forum and learn and chat to others that may use Freshdesk in a similar unique way to us.

My dream destination is the Maldives and I’m still thinking on the ‘one word’ to describe me!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi 

My name is Steve and I am the Free Services Team Leader for AbilityNet & Sarah is my boss.

Really hoping that we can get some good idea exchanges going here & thanks for the team for setting this up.

1. Why you do what you do?

I believe in the fact that nobody should be digitally excluded if they wish to be, age or disability should never be a barrier to that, so that’s why after I retired I started to volunteer for AbilityNet and now work for them full time.

1. Your dream travel destination

Northern Canada.

1. Describe yourself in one word

Okay

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @rashmi.nag 

Haas anybody else been invited to the forum yet?

Best wishes

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @sarahbrain and @Steve C!! Welcome to the Community :)

Thank you for showing interest in bringing together this community. We’ll be inviting people from our end too shortly. But feel free to share it with your network as well and with people whom you feel would benefit from being a part of this. This is a public user group and we’d like the right folks to be a part of it, connect and learn from one another and benefit from it!

Thank you!!

Badge

Thank you for welcoming me to the Freshworks User Network Global Charities & Non-Profits User Forum. I'm excited to be a part of this community personalities and engage with fellow users who are working in the charitable and non-profit sectors. I look forward to sharing knowledge, discussing best practices, and learning from others' experiences to make a positive impact in our respective organizations.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hey all! Just stumbled across this and think this would be super useful and beneficial for us all to bounce ideas off one another!

As an introduction I work for the British Heart Foundation, a UK charity that raises money to fund vital research in heart and circulatory diseases.

We have been using FreshWorks products for over 5 years now with me at the helm in our configuration and maintenance of the programs for 2 and a half of those.

Happy to help any other charity / non-profit with any questions you may have.

Feel free to get in touch!

Thanks.