Allow 'Visible To' to use more fields in a company that just name

Related products: Freshdesk Support Desk

Hello,

In our organisation, I need to take our one portal and split it into three product lines. Some users will view 1 product line, some will view two product lines and some will have access to all 3.

The issue is that they can mix and match so "Multiple Products" is not an option because I would need 7 different products....Product A, B, C, A+B, A+C, B+C, A+B+C.

Instead the only way I have found to manage this is to use the 'Visible To' option in solution to specifically say which companies have access to which folder. This works for now but is not good for management.

It would be much more useful to be able to define that "Visible To" is based on a field within a contact/company like I mocked up here as you could filter you solution much more easily inside of one portal and all the information is already filled in by users/agents instead of manually linking the two:

Hi Antony,

Thanks for reaching out.

We will be launching customer segments for knowledge base articles in the upcoming days. With this, you should be able to define 'Visible to' based on contact/company fields. Please feel free to reach out to support@freshdesk.com if you need help with anything else.

Regards,

Arjun

Hi, 

Thanks so much for this, it will make managing my cutomer's knowledge base access way more efficient - I always ran the risk of missing a new customer's access on a folder previously but this will automatically add them when I alter their company details (y).

Have a great day!

Antony, did you get a chance to try out the customer segments feature in our Knowledge Base? Hope it would have come handy to setup your knowledge base more efficiently. Read more about it here.