Question

Relevance Freshservice solution

• 30 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Question, how should the relevance of searching in Freshservice solutions work? I have an article where the search term (single word) is 16 times in the text, none in the title, no tags or keywords. That one is on the first position at the search results. Another article has 19 inclusions in the text and 2 times in the title and that one is on the second position.

I am wondering what the relevance determines and what is the best practice for Freshservice to influence the ranking for your articles? For the most popular search terms, it is important to show the results which are most important to the organisation.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

This is a terrific question.

Unfortunately, Relevance in FreshService is currently not accurate (at least for us in our instance, and I think in yours as well, as per your description).

We haven’t been able to properly use it, so, we’re currently simply ignoring the relevance and sorting by dates. We haven’t been able to manage this with FreshService yet.

I’d invite you to contact support in order to post your inquiry, and share your response or your findings.

Regards,