‘Tis the Season for Dark Mode - Activate the all-new Freshservice experience on your web and mobile app!!

• 22 December 2023
  • 33 replies
‘Tis the Season for Dark Mode - Activate the all-new Freshservice experience on your web and mobile app!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

From Dawn to Dark with Freshservice!

Hello Freshservice Community!

Guess what? We've got some seriously cool news to brighten up your day – or should we say, darken it a bit? 

Drumroll, please! 🥁 The product idea with the most votes has officially stepped into the limelight! Can't resist a good play on words, can we?

To all of you that said, 

pdMcGm0D0CiV-Bf98TftujO4CCSrJHIAWO2F1CqKB_bVRN-KzndTcDneU-CrA51KdRM6_8G-B8kOv0U0WG9zrLH3asN-nbWE1it_358BMdOLEHOeUQMObyhhfxp_GJI3FGcID6yjw8wLTGTeYEaWqm0

It’s time to embrace the dark side and unleash your inner night owls!

Public Beta for Dark Mode is now LIVE!

Hold on to your keyboards because we're over the moon to spill the beans on our latest and greatest update! We're officially launching Dark Mode support for both the web agent portal and our mobile apps. It's not just an update; it's a leap into the sleek, eye-friendly, and downright cool!

A Sneak Peek into the Shadows

During this beta release, you can toggle between the classic light theme and the all-new Dark Mode. To get started, just head to your profile menu on the web or the settings menu on the mobile app and make the switch. 

Dark Mode isn’t just a feature; it is designed to be easy on the eyes, especially during those long, tiring work hours.

A Glimpse of What's to Come

Hold onto your hat (or your Darth Vader helmet?)!

While most of Freshservice will be basking in the glory of Dark Mode during the beta, some modules are still a work in progress. They'll be sticking to the Light Side for now. 

Don't worry; we hear you! They will soon join the Dark Side!

No Sign-Up Required

We get it – waiting is so last season. There's no need for sign-ups or waiting lists. Everyone gets immediate access to Dark Mode on D-Day. So, start exploring, and hey, tell us what you think!

Help Us Shape the Future

Your thoughts are pure gold to us! As you navigate the Dark Mode wonderland, shout out your ideas and suggestions if you encounter any glitches. Your input is like Yoda to our Luke Skywalker. 

Drop your feedback in the reply section, and we're all ears!

Thanks for being a part of the Freshservice community. Here's to embracing the shadows with Dark Mode – may the force be with you!

33 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Merry Christmas to us! I’m so happy to have Dark Mode enabled - I’m sure it will continue to be enhanced in the future! This is great - my team will love it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Best Christmas Present Ever! Already getting raved reviews from our team. Great job to both the community for not letting of the pressure to get this enhancement, as well as the product team for understanding the pressing need for this feature. It looks great! Have a great holiday season everyone!

Love to see it. 

Dark mode is causing some issues with the formatting of our solution articles though. 

If someone could direct me to where I can submit proper feedback, I’d appreciate it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Love to see it. 

Dark mode is causing some issues with the formatting of our solution articles though. 

If someone could direct me to where I can submit proper feedback, I’d appreciate it.

Thank you for exploring the dark theme! We're actively enhancing the dark theme experience, and your feedback is crucial to this process. Kindly share your insights with us at support@freshservice.com, and we'll diligently work on incorporating them. Your input is highly valued, and we appreciate your contribution to making the dark theme even better.

Thank you

wow

Belated marry christmas and thanks for sharing this amazing info. I will try to implement it at my APK website to get better results. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello everyone! Wishing you all a very happy new year and hope you had a wonderful time with your families! 🎉

I am so very glad that you and your teams loved the early Christmas present, courtesy our product team!! 🎁

Thank you so much for your patience and keeping the momentum going to ensuring the enhancement gets implemented! Should you have any further feedback, please drop a note here and tag @Priyanka Doshi or write directly to support@freshservice.com.

CC: @mbutler @zachary.king @mattbu1 @Wade brand @hashirshabbir 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for, finally, implementing dark mode!

I have some minor complaints though, I simply find it too black for my liking.

This is what i would call pure dark mode or black mode, and I understand that some like it that way, but I rather like the dark grey-ish mode that I’ve gotten used to in Windows and Firefox (and other applications). Maybe a dark grey mode could be added as well as the current black mode? That would be great and highly appreciated.

My other issue is that some text the is hard coded to black color is almost impossible to read. This happens rarely, but as I switched over to dark mode today to see how it looked, I scrolled through some tickets and there several of them that included text I could hardly read. I don’t know how to fix that, but it seems like a non-issue in other applications, so perhaps there is a way?

@Priyanka Doshi 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you for, finally, implementing dark mode!

I have some minor complaints though, I simply find it too black for my liking.

This is what i would call pure dark mode or black mode, and I understand that some like it that way, but I rather like the dark grey-ish mode that I’ve gotten used to in Windows and Firefox (and other applications). Maybe a dark grey mode could be added as well as the current black mode? That would be great and highly appreciated.

My other issue is that some text the is hard coded to black color is almost impossible to read. This happens rarely, but as I switched over to dark mode today to see how it looked, I scrolled through some tickets and there several of them that included text I could hardly read. I don’t know how to fix that, but it seems like a non-issue in other applications, so perhaps there is a way?

@Priyanka Doshi

Thank you @Chrisroed for trying out the Dark Mode and sharing your feedback. You’d be pleased to know that our team is working on both the issues you have reported and you should see some improvements soon. 

Do keep sharing your feedback with us and help us improve your experience using Freshservice :) 

Regards,

Priyanka

Userlevel 1

Love to see it. 

Please write to support@freshservice.com - We’re all ears! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Priyanka Doshi  Thanks for implementing. It’s a bit very very dark - almost black.... But better than nothing.
But it only works if tickets are requested by ticket portal.
If mails are sent then the text is unreadable because of course already contains a html formatting:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I just read an article on how this is solved within Office Outlook dark mode. Maybe it could be useful? They have used the  color:auto; trick: https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/how-to-fix-outlook-dark-mode-problems--cms-37718t

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks for sharing @msconfig87 !

Thank you for this feature! Please continue to improve upon it. I’m loving it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great to hear @anthony castano - thank you! Please do share your feedback or any suggestions on improving the experience for you.

Hi! Was the dark mode updated to make the reply/text box white? It looks like this changed within the past day or two, before it was black/grey/dark blue like the rest. It’s rather aggressive on the eyes now and makes the dark mode a bit pointless.

It looks like there’s a CSS class called “forced-light-theme” on the box now and removing it sets it back, but we want to avoid third-party extensions to do this. If there’s a setting to change this back please let me know!

Hi! Was the dark mode updated to make the reply/text box white? It looks like this changed within the past day or two, before it was black/grey/dark blue like the rest. It’s rather aggressive on the eyes now and makes the dark mode a bit pointless.

It looks like there’s a CSS class called “forced-light-theme” on the box now and removing it sets it back, but we want to avoid third-party extensions to do this. If there’s a setting to change this back please let me know!

Seeing the same thing on our side since yesterday. Talked to support and they said they’d notify the dev team. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @RaccoonGuy​​​​​@andresmtz ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your input. We had identified an issue with the rich text editor that affected the readability of text with hard-coded or specific colors in both light & dark modes.

Our team is actively working on a comprehensive solution to address this issue. In the meantime, to ensure users can continue without hindrance, we've implemented a temporary change which you are observing. When editing text in the editor, the background will be in white, allowing users to define text colors in light mode. However, once the content is published and viewed in dark mode, the background will switch to dark, and the text color will be in white. It's important to note that the white background only applies during the editing process to provide users with an accurate preview of the content they are editing.

Please be aware that this is an interim fix, and we are diligently working on resolving the rich text editor issue to seamlessly support both light and dark modes. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Regards,

Priyanka

Appreciate the addition of this feature! Excited to see further enhancements. I'm really enjoying it!

O...M...G !!! I’ve been dreaming and salivating about an integrated dark mode for litteral YEARS!!! However I’ve been looking in my profile settings and I haven’t seen the dark theme button (see image attached). AM I missing something? Am I not looking at the right place? Is it possible it’s been manually deactivated by our admins?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

O...M...G !!! I’ve been dreaming and salivating about an integrated dark mode for litteral YEARS!!! However I’ve been looking in my profile settings and I haven’t seen the dark theme button (see image attached). AM I missing something? Am I not looking at the right place? Is it possible it’s been manually deactivated by our admins?

Hi @kzual,

We're thrilled to see your enthusiasm for the integrated dark mode feature! Your excitement is truly appreciated, and we thank you for your enduring patience and trust in our commitment to delivering this much-anticipated feature.

To enable the dark mode, please follow these steps:

1. Click on your profile icon to open the menu. There's no need to navigate to your profile settings; the option is conveniently available through the menu.
  2. Within the menu, you'll find the 'Theme' option.
  3. Click on 'Theme,' and you'll see the options to enable the Dark Theme.

It's important to note that this feature is activated at the user level, and administrators cannot disable it.

Additionally, if you're using our mobile apps, rest assured that Dark Theme is supported. You can enable it directly from the settings on your app.

We hope this information helps, and we genuinely value your excitement and feedback. Thank you once again for your continued support!

Regards,

Priyanka

@Priyanka Doshi Thank you for your reply. Your explanations are more than clear however this is what I am seeing. Is it possible that my admins have deactivated the option so I can’t even see it?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Priyanka Doshi Thank you for your reply. Your explanations are more than clear however this is what I am seeing. Is it possible that my admins have deactivated the option so I can’t even see it?

This is strange. Can you share your account details with us at support@freshservice.com to debug this? 

@Priyanka Doshi Sure no problem, I will contact support with that, thank you. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hey! Is there a native dark mode coming to other FreshWorks products, having it in FreshDesk would be great for us!