Release Notes

Freshdesk and Freshdesk Omnichannel Release Notes - January 2023

Related products: Freshdesk
Freshdesk and Freshdesk Omnichannel Release Notes - January 2023

New Features and Enhancements

Freshdesk Telephony Partner Extension with RingCentral

Integrate your RingCentral account with Freshdesk. Manage your phone support operations within Freshdesk's agent-friendly UI to extend your omnichannel capabilities.

More details here.

jxN46uyTxahWoF7ogGqrbf4JfBP5SBJoQsJU7MiLwiLVmCxTpo-V_JwEGOHn7qyohLbJIQLc7ycovsETrq0k-zQSqHV6f5g5Cbg3ElijoR6tjv7gBOOzI7ZVtHuLWcA9MOjUONPppRkxr3ifNOI3jxY

Manage agent load with skill-based routing in Freshdesk

Powered by Omniroute, this routing method allows you to manage agent load and set the assignment preference for tickets.

More details here.

1HQQIoRDPkvwLBhtewsSCi1CNA6Fav1l0xUkZU0-l-heoPuhjjRvMCVTV0RjZkctNBCiZMJtqggHUY3LSOGJzPsssSY19fWfrjcDipB9ke-_Rsh80t02hgF6S0yGnCbkApBkik9kU7WoDojwdvJn7Ls

Secure ticket attachments in Freshdesk

Restrict specific file types while sending and receiving ticket responses and eliminate threats from harmful files.

More details here.

hDdsgJgOyNCWHYFn7Ul0ARYkTYgE8DOeeIB5juKNpVe4ZO4bdJWGTQGmlhI4SDsHx2yqmoOTUtvRx9Jtwlhpy_cW370VI9Ze9ULfcUFQzeuA6lsVuE0k7_FeY0qR3VOgLVI7VaoxQ-zlhNf0JgJBT_w

Avoid missing tickets with an enhanced ticket list view

Agents can adjust the number of tickets displayed on each page to 30, 50, and 100. This selection is local to an agent and the preference gets reset upon session reset.

More details here.

Retain context with sticky ticket subject line

The ticket subject line stays visible even when an agent or a customer scroll through a long conversation, thereby retaining the context.

More details here.

Bug fixes

These were the bugs detected, and they’ve now been fixed.

1. Customers were unable to associate forms to the help widget when they configured a custom dropdown field in the ticket form. 

2. The auto-populated email address in the ‘To’ field was incorrect when agents responded to a forwarded thread.

3. The ‘Show quoted text’ option did not work for forwarded threads created via automation.

4. A broken image was shown when customers tried to save the PDF of an article in the customer portal using the ‘Print’ option. 

5. There were a few translation errors for the French language in the customer portal. 

6. Customers were unable to download themes if the portal was disabled. 

7. Customers were unable to load Freshdesk from their Shopify accounts.

The “More details here” URL for “Retain context with sticky ticket subject line” leads to https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/37562-replying-to-a-ticket

Not sure if that’s correct.

It would be good if the article for the “secure ticket attachments” - https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000005573-restrict-file-extensions

would list the exact file types that blocking Executable Files or Compression Files will be blocking.

It just says e.g. CMD, EXE, SH, BAT...

30,50,100 tickets per view is the best most practical update I’ve seen in 3 years, thank you! Let’s see more simple, helpful upgrades like this!

The article for Retain context with sticky ticket subject line, does not go to the correct place. It provides no information on this.

The article for Avoid missing tickets with an enhanced ticket list view also shows no information of how to set the 30,50, 100 ticket view limit. Also, why is this not possible for it to be persistent? We have session timeouts every 12 hours for security reasons, and having to reset this every single day would be cumbersome.

Hey F13, Simon,

Thanks for pointing out the errors in the linked article. They’re now updated. The content for sticky subject lines can be found in the first paragraph, and the same for enhanced ticket list view. 

Simon - I will get back to you reg making the ticket list view persistent. 

Hey F13, Simon,

Thanks for pointing out the errors in the linked article. They’re now updated. The content for sticky subject lines can be found in the first paragraph, and the same for enhanced ticket list view. 

Simon - I will get back to you reg making the ticket list view persistent. 

Hi @subhikshaa.ganesh ,
I have found the reference of the new features in the linked articles.
However they are only mentioned as available features, without the description how to activate them.

So at the moment, I do not know the way how to display 30 or 50 or 100 tickets on the screen.
I was not able to use the sticky subject line as well.

Hey @Gabor ,

The solution article has been updated with how to use the ticket list view. Here’s a reference screenshot:

The sticky subject lines are activated by default on all accounts, you can see them on top while replying to a ticket. 

Hey @simon.harris88 , at the moment ticket list view is session based. We're looking for better options to have a static page limit beyond 30. I’ll update you with details once we pick it up.