Agents can create Threads on Private notes, start a Discussion Thread, or while Forwarding a ticket to loop in fellow agents and other stakeholders to provide a complete context of the ticket. Threads organize conversations and focus discussions about the ticket or a topic within a particular ticket. It simplifies conversations on a chat-like experience for agents to collaborate with agents and stakeholders efficiently.
Agents can collaborate within the ticket using different threads in Freshdesk:
- Forward Threads to collaborate on ticket forwards and keep track of subsequent replies.
- Private Threads to collaborate on Private Notes, Public Notes, and agent or customer responses.
- Discussion Threads to collaborate on a specific ticket in a chat-like interface to resolve issues faster. (Discussion Threads will be visible in the new ‘Threads’ panel and not on the ticket screen)
Threads enable agents to
- Improve agility in initiating discussions with multiple stakeholders on a ticket in a focused manner.
- Effortlessly collaborate with fellow agents and third-party stakeholders while retaining context within the ticket.
- Organize internal collaboration without polluting the main conversation pane.
Agents can tag and notify/collaborate with fellow Freshdesk agents or third parties (using Collaborators) on a Thread about a specific topic or an issue. They can invite any agent or parties into a Thread by an ‘@’ mention to invite them into the conversation, collaborate and resolve a ticket.
All conversations on Threads will be only visible to agents logged in to the Freshdesk support portal.
Please refer to these solution articles to learn more about Threads.