Solved

Stopping Agents from Resolving system Closed tickets

• 13 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

We had an incident yesterday where one of our Agents went through and Resolved all of their previously Closed tickets.
Is there a way to stop Agents from doing this? I want Agents to be able to Close tickets directly if they need to but I don’t want them being able to Resolve previously Closed tickets again, to be more exact, system-closed tickets.

This has resulted in all of our analytics now being skewed due to the system thinking hundreds of tickets were resolved yesterday. Any feedback or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 13 March 2024, 11:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We had an incident yesterday where one of our Agents went through and Resolved all of their previously Closed tickets.
Is there a way to stop Agents from doing this? I want Agents to be able to Close tickets directly if they need to but I don’t want them being able to Resolve previously Closed tickets again, to be more exact, system-closed tickets.

This has resulted in all of our analytics now being skewed due to the system thinking hundreds of tickets were resolved yesterday. Any feedback or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Business rule can disable the status field.

What you need to do is to create a new custom field checkbox/dropdown 
Hide that field for agents and when a ticket is set to closed that field is set using a automation. 
In the Business rule you state if the custom field is set  disable status field. 

Irritating that you can’t just create a Business rule with status = closed  - disable field Status

Badge +3

Business rule can disable the status field.

What you need to do is to create a new custom field checkbox/dropdown 
Hide that field for agents and when a ticket is set to closed that field is set using a automation. 
In the Business rule you state if the custom field is set  disable status field. 

Irritating that you can’t just set status = closed  - disable field 

Thanks for the help on this, I’ve just implemented this as suggested. 
Hopefully this resolves our problems. Thanks again!