Renaming Requester

• 1 August 2016
  • 4 replies

I want to rename Requester it so it says "email" instead when using the "Feedback Widget"

I went to the "ticket_fields" page, clicked "Search a requester" and renamed "Requester" to "email"

However nothing changed. When I went back to that field, it was changed back to "Requester".

Does this work?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Hello Mike,

The label for ticket fields can be customized in the customer portal or in the feedback widget in your website, not for the agent portal. 

Can you switch to the customer portal and check the ticket form there to see the field name changes? The way to switch to the customer portal would be to go to the Top right hand corner of the Freshdesk website and click on your username and then click on "Go to Customer Portal". Then try to create a new ticket to see the ticket fields as shown to your customers.

Thanks,

Sudha

Hi.  We would like to do the same thing.  Customers seem to be very confused by the word "Requester" when it's really "Email" or "Requester Email" that's being requested.   However, I don't see a way to change it on the Feedback Widget page?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

You could change this under Admin>> Ticket fields. You may search for the "Search a Requester" field and change the Customer label to either "Email" or "Requester Email" as per your requirement :)

Regards,
Vishal

Thanks, Vishal.  That did it! :)