Skip to main content

I’m looking at building some automation in FreshDesk to assign incoming tickets to agents based on priorities in the customer record, for instance all of the tickets where the customer territory is Scotland should come to me, like this...

Has anyone implemented this before, and does anyone have any ideas on how we can deal with agents unavailability?

I’m hoping that somehow we can detect if the agent is unavailable, and if they are, leave the ticket unassigned

I’ve found this, but I can only select where agent status is unavailable.  I'd want to only allocate the ticket if the agent is available.

I can’t work out how I’d make this work

Hi @RobCrossHM,

I like the way you have approached. But automation wouldn’t check the availability of the agent during initial assignment. Instead you can try the skill based assignment. 

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/222692-setting-up-skill-based-ticket-assignment-matching-tickets-to-agents-with-expertise-

Create a skill for the custom field territories and map the skill to the agent. When the agents switches on the their availability the ticket will be assigned to them based on the skill mapped in the ticket.

Assumption is that the ticket should be assigned to the group the agent belongs using automations or group mapping under Admin → Email.

Hi @RobCrossHM,

I like the way you have approached. But automation wouldn’t check the availability of the agent during initial assignment. Instead you can try the skill based assignment. 

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/222692-setting-up-skill-based-ticket-assignment-matching-tickets-to-agents-with-expertise-

Create a skill for the custom field territories and map the skill to the agent. When the agents switches on the their availability the ticket will be assigned to them based on the skill mapped in the ticket.

Assumption is that the ticket should be assigned to the group the agent belongs using automations or group mapping under Admin → Email.

That functionality's only available in Enterprise, and we’re using Pro/