Skip to main content
Question

Assigning back-up agents without Round Robin

• 10 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Can you assign a back-up agent for a particular ticket, when another agent is out of the office, and without using the Round Robin feature?

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Alina,

I hope you are doing well :)

I understand that you want to assign ticket automatically without automatic ticket assignment in place. Note that this is possible to a certain extent via automation.

You can navigate to admin > workflow > automation > ticket creation > new rule and create  a rule based on required conditions.

Note: Ticket creation works on new tickets for tickets which are already created and in cases where customer responds back on those tickets, you can make use of ticket update automation. I have attached sample rules below for your reference,

However the automation will detect the agent's availability part based on the agent status set. Ie: available/unavailable https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/235532-how-to-check-the-agent-s-availability-for-automatic-ticket-assignment-

In case you require further assistance on setting up the rule, feel free to respond to this thread :)

Thank you