Question

Error when editing an automation rule

• 15 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I got an error “Check the rule configuration” when trying to edit “start_date” and “due_date” in an automation rule that already exists and has been edited hundreds of times.

It started on 8th April, 2022.

Prior to that, I have been editing the rule every morning and I’ve never got this error.

Can anyone tell what is going on?

4 replies

Badge

In my case, it doesn’t seem to be the same problem...

The rule which I’ve been working on is the existing rule - not newly created one.

For example, if I just try to rename the rule, this error occurs. I don’t touch any other fields.

Hi,

I got an error “Check the rule configuration” when trying to edit “start_date” and “due_date” in an automation rule that already exists and has been edited hundreds of times.

It started on 8th April, 2022.

Prior to that, I have been editing the rule every morning and I’ve never got this error.

Can anyone tell what is going on?

Hi, Don’t worry it not a big issue. You have just lefted a field blank due to which it showing this error. Yesterday my employee of vice city apk facing the same issue. When I checked and analyze so he lefted a minor field blank due to which he was facing this issue. So dually check all the fields.

Badge

Thank you, Keer.

I will get the x-request ID thing and let you know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @ops-sapporo, good day! 

As far as we’ve seen, the error is thrown if any fields are left blank. Since you have mentioned that you edit it frequently, I believe that should not be the case here. We had a few other customers report earlier this week at they were facing the same error when webhook was one of the actions in the automation rule. 

May I know if that’s the case here? If so, can you DM us the x-request ID when you are updating the automation rule by following the steps mentioned here?

Quick Tip: If trigger webhook is one of the actions, try deleting it, saving and re-adding it to the same rule :) 

Looking forward to helping you !