Question

Using extisting customer accounts without password change or verification

• 16 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am new to Freshdesk and I want to use our extisting customer accounts (from the database of our company’s website). I want our customers to be able to create tickets on the freshdesk customer portal via their existing accounts created our company’s website. I can see that there is an import option using csv files, but I need an option to migrate passwords too.

In the long run I need a solution where our customers need to register only one account for using our services and a support desk service too.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Gabor

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Gabes,

Greetings from Freshworks community. With Fresdhesk you can certainly import contacts however would not be able to import the passwords . You can make use of Contact SSO where customers can register to one account and login to your products. Please refer https://support.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002351-what-is-and-how-to-configure-agent-sso-and-contact-sso-for-an-organization- I hope this helps, Feel free to reach out to us anytime or email us at Support@Freshdesk.com if you require any assistance. 

Happy Freshdesking!